Christ Fellowship in McKinney Texas is looking for an Associate Worship Pastor to lead Sunday worship at our new Anna campus and student worship on Wednesday evenings in McKinney.
This position is directly responsible to the Worship pastor for leading worship and implementing the ministry vision and values in language/methods that will deeply impact the multi-site campus and students to follow Christ. The successful Associate Worship
Pastor will create dynamic worship atmospheres and teams, involving adults and students as active participants who will grow in theological understanding of worship, while they develop their practical skill.
This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. As such, the employee is expected to manage his/her workload and time with their supervisor. A typical workweek for this position is 40-50 hours, with expectation that 75% of the work will occur in the office
during normal business hours.
The Associate Worship Pastor reports to the Worship Pastor and the Anna campus pastor; works closely with the communications pastor, worship and student ministries staff, leads and supports ministry volunteers/teams as required by supervisor.
- Lead worship services vocally and/or instrumentally providing theologically sound direction to the congregation.
- Design and direct worship services that honor God; establish believers and reach the lost; with music that is true, excellent, edifying, and reaches to explore a wide range of truths biblically consistent of the Triune God.
- Provide pastoral care for each person serving in any and all areas of managed oversight and ensure their continued development and discipleship in Christ and in their ministry gifting.
- Facilitate implementation of all worship policies and practices while focusing on the maturing and growth of worship ministry at the multi-site campus and student ministries.
- Coordinate with Worship Ministry to help communicate global worship values.
- Provide creative input to overall service planning; contribute creative ideas in brainstorm meetings for sermon series and weekly services.
- Uphold artistic standards in all areas of worship including awareness of trends and keeping our worship relevant to our community.
- Build strong teams and ensured that vocal, instrumental, and tech volunteers grow in their skills.
- Participate in campus outreach in the community to advance the Gospel with worship.
- Participate in worship opportunities as needed for Tier 1, all-church events, and special occasions.
- Lead instrumental and vocal rehearsals.
- Continue growth in instrumental and vocal ability. Develop an effective working relationship with the Campus Pastor & Communications Pastor ensuring good and appropriate communication in the worship services.
- Ensure consistent stewardship/generosity communication bandwidth within all weekly services; provide input to other communications as required.
- Ensure People Care records for worship ministries are maintained, including but not limited to leaders, ministry teams, volunteers etc.
- Perform financial oversight and management for assigned budgets in a manner reflecting good stewardship.
- Provide pastoral care and fulfill pastoral duties, including pastor of the day/week as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This person must have excellent hearing and be able to exchange accurate information when working with others, think critically and act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make sound decisions. He must be able to operate a computer, read
and comprehend information while researching or other activities throughout the day, and remain stationary at least 50% of the time. He must be able to move about the facility to meet with people, operate office machinery and systems. He must also be able
to lift at least 50 pounds and maneuver it (i.e. twist, push, pull, etc.) and be able to move heavy loads by hand, work at heights of 45’ and other similar actions periodically.