Seeking an enthusiastic leader of our Children’s Ministries operations.
A strong Christian Faith and Love for Children is required.
The purpose of this position is to encourage children to have a genuine relationship with Christ through biblical teaching and discipleship of children and their families. Children’s Ministry at RLC includes the Preschool, Sunday School, Vacation Bible
School and Children’s Camps. The director will develop and implement Christian based curriculum for our Preschool. Ensure that RLC’s Children’s Ministries follow our policies and procedures. Ensure our Preschool meet/exceed state and federal standards set
forth for licensing. This position is the Director over our Monday – Friday Preschool and Sunday School Children/activities. Participation in Church Life / Strategies and Sunday worship services are expected.
- Maintain personal spiritual development through study, prayer, Christian community and regular worship attendance.
- Overall oversight and leadership for all Children’s Ministry activities.
- Maintain all licensing standards and requirements for the operation of our Preschool, including student ratios, teacher qualifications, record keeping, reporting, facilities etc.
- Disciple, supervise, recruit, mentor, train and pray for the Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
- Maintain operational and security protocols to ensure all children are provided with a safe and heathy environment.
- Organize and participate in children’s camps and mission activities.
- Plan, promote and attend outreach events that include Family Fun Night, Harvest Festival, Parents Night Out etc.
- Oversee budgets and Preschool finances.
- Prepare and present monthly report to the Congregational Council on the budget, enrollment and activities of the Preschool.
- Manage communications with parents, children and staff.
- Possess a strong Christian Faith and a Love for Children.
- Minimum of five years related experience as a Preschool Director or Assistant Director including teaching responsibilities.
- Complete understanding of all licensing standards and requirements for the operation of a Preschool.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Demonstrated success in organizational processes and functions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and effective team building skills.
Must possess good judgment and demonstrate quality leadership decision making abilities.