Illumination Church is seeking a skilled, humble, and emotionally mature worship leader to join our staff and lead us in worship at our 10am Sunday weekly service. Our music style ranges from full band to acoustic with cello. Our song selection
ranges from familiar and modern to updated hymns. The ability to bring both high energy and reflective song selections and executions is required. Our worship center seats 180-200. A high production style (i.e. hazers/light show etc.) is not what we are looking
for, given the size and coffee shop feel of our space. We are looking for someone who can lead with authenticity, spiritual maturity and a poised and friendly stage presence. The right candidate will thrive at developing volunteer musicians, managing and coaching
our tech team, and connecting naturally with a wide range of people and backgrounds. The ability to connect with seekers and long-time Christians from stage and in person is helpful. Most importantly, we are seeking someone who loves Jesus and loves
people well through thier musical and ministry gifts.
We rent 9,000 square feet of warehouse in Burnsville that has been stylishly renovated. Our interior has a coffee shop / mid-century modern feel. Our church is growing and this position has the potential to grow with it in the next two years.
This position is for 10 hours per week at the rate of $25 per hour. This position has 8 paid Sundays off in year one. Idealy this consists of 4 Sundays attending IC but not leading and 4 offsite to visit other churches or just recharge. This
position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
Core Attributes, Competencies and Skills:
- Skilled: This leader is an exceptional vocalist who can lead modern worship with confidence on guitar and or keys. He/she can lead well.
- Collaborative: This leader is a true team player who works well with our staff and lead team. He or she has a history of being fun and easy to work with.
- Humble: This leader is teachable, kind, and generous. He or she is quick to own growth areas and show grace to all.
- Hungry: This person is self-motivated and goal oriented. He or she is hungry to grow in God and in this role.
- Hustle: This leader can thrive in a fast-paced working environment, is a quick learner and manages time well.
- Not Awkward: This leader makes people feel comfortable and avoids saying or doing things that make others feel like church is more weird than welcoming.
To apply for this position, send the following to
1) A resume showing relevant experience & skills.
2) 1-3 videos (or links to view/download videos) that demonstrate your range of skill. This should include at least 1 video of you leading worship with guitar or keys, but can also include videos of you singing/playing any genre of music.
3) A brief message of why you’re interested in the position and church.