The Senior Director of Mission is a strategic leadership role responsible for leading, directing, and developing our global and local mission initiatives. This includes setting overall mission strategy with key staff and volunteers, managing global and
local mission staff, and primary active responsibility for global mission. Global mission responsibility includes: Field Worker Support, International Language Center and Tutoring, International Student Ministry, short and long-term mission trips.
The role of Senior Director of Mission will also include: vision setting, budget management, and Missions Committee direction. Eastbrook Church has always placed a high value on outreach and considers the effectiveness of the Mission Ministry as vital to
the long-term health of the church. We expect the Senior Director of Mission to be a pastoral role that participates as a key member of leadership to ensure integration of strategies within the broader church vision. As part of the pastoral staff, the Senior
Director of Mission also shepherds the staff, leaders, and the congregation.
- Develop and cast vision for Eastbrook Church’s global and local mission.
- Oversee Director of Local Mission as well as all Global Mission staff, including International Language Center and Tutoring Director, International Outreach Ministry Assistant, and International Outreach Ministry Resident.
- Using the Ministry Leadership Growth Model, develop an ongoing plan for growth for all mission staff.
- Define mission strategies for Eastbrook Church, with primary responsibility for global mission.
- Work with Director of Local Mission to provide a cohesive mission strategy, consistent between global and local initiatives.
- Provide pastoral care/shepherding to all Eastbrook supported Field Workers.
- Lead program for development of all Eastbrook international mission candidates.
- Equip volunteer teams to lead specific ministry initiatives.
- Network with mission partners including sending agencies, national workers and indigenous churches to broaden relationship with the Outreach ministry.
- Establish ministry effectiveness of various International Outreach involvements.
- Champion global and local mission among Eastbrook staff and senior leadership to deepen burden and passion among the church body (e.g., annual mission conference, Sunday morning mission class).
- Manage regular communication with Field Workers where possible so that a strong relationship and tie remain with Eastbrook Church.
- Visit Field Workers and partners around the world periodically and systematically.
- Stay current on trends and development in mission strategies to keep Eastbrook Church on the leading edge of ministry.
- Serve as Leader of Missions Committee.
- Oversee International Student Ministry Committee.
EASTBROOK CHURCH GENERAL PASTORAL DUTIES
Pastoral staff members are considered “Pastors of Eastbrook Church” above their specific position duties. The general pastoral duties of this role include but are not limited to: serving on the Eastbrook Leadership Team; serving alongside pastoral team
in facilitating, weddings, funerals, pastor on call, counseling, etc.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors or equivalent degree
- Sufficient mission exposure through short-term trip experiences and/or cross-cultural field experience; global and local mission experience is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in leading mission initiatives in a larger church setting
SPIRITUAL GIFTS AND SKILL SETS
- Leadership, shepherding, evangelism, teaching and discernment gifts
- Knowledge of missions and evangelism systems and strategies
- Team building of volunteers, equipping of leaders and networking with others doing similar ministry vital
Work with: Pastors, directors, staff and ministry organizations.
Qualified candidates should email or submit a letter of application, resume, and professional and personal references to firstname.lastname@example.org. More info at: eastbrook.org/employment.