Student and Young Adult (Generations) Worship and Ministry Leader
The mission of Crossroads Community Church is to “Lead People to the Truth that Transforms Lives in North Central Ohio and Around the World.” Crossroads strives to accomplish this mission through three distinct core values: committed to glorifying God,
by being connected in community, and by being called to share. Crossroads Student Ministry and Young Adult Ministry, are integral parts of our church and form the Generations department of our church. We are seeking a Worship Leader to dynamically propel the
Generations Ministry so that it can be transformed by the effective work of God’s Word. We want to grow in cutting edge worship and are looking for a Worship and Ministry Leader to serve in these vital areas.
The Generations Worship and Ministry Leader will lead, create, and align Generations Worship to maintain consistency with the Crossroads Worship Arts Department. Although the Generations Worship and Ministry Leader will report directly to the Generations
Pastor, Crossroads’ Worship Arts Pastor will act as a supervisor and guide for this position. Specifically, the Generations Worship and Ministry Leader will lead worship in the Generations Ministries as well as train and equip teams to lead worship. The Generations
Worship Leader will participate as a team member within the Generations Ministries. As a member of this team, the Generations and Ministry Leader will program weekly services, organize small group studies, plan and execute events and mission trips. While the
main focus of the position is certainly worship, the Generations Ministry Leader will play a major role in shepherding the lives of the young people of Crossroads and connecting their hearts to the person of Jesus Christ.
A candidate for the Generations Worship and Ministry Leader position and Ministry Leader must be able to communicate with students, young adults, and parents both verbally and in writing. He/she must be able to keep the ministry current, embody integrity,
and lead with energy in a way that others will follow. The candidate must be an intuitive leader, Spirit-led, Christ-focused, and one who edifies people. A candidate must be passionate about training young people to engage God’s Word and about investing in
their lives. The Generations Worship and Ministry Leader must be committed to the multiplication of disciples.
The candidate must be able to lead in a variety of settings, be gifted musically, be a visionary leader, and value teamwork. The candidate must have a passion for building leaders and equipping worship leaders. The successful candidate must be able to play
a lead instrument. The candidate must have a working knowledge of current worship technology. Any person interested must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, some understanding of music theory, and have experience in Worship Arts Ministry.
The Student and Young Adult (Generations) Worship and Ministry Leader will also carry out other duties as
assigned by the Generations Pastor (specifically regarding the coordination and facilitation of other service
elements and programmed events like baptisms, student takeover, mission trips, etc.).
About the Church:
Crossroads is a contemporary church of approximately 2,400+, and celebrated its 20th anniversary in the fall of 2016. We are experiencing a season of growth and development as we have launched an initiative to start new campuses throughout our region. Go
to our website, www.crossroadswired.com for more information. Crossroads is located in Mansfield, Ohio, a city of 50,000 people in a region of 225,000. The Mansfield area is conveniently located on two major highways, and sits between two major cities, Columbus
and Cleveland. There are many family friendly attractions in the area, and many outdoor activities year-round. For more information on all that the area has to offer visit http://www.mansfieldtourism.com.
The Crossroads Student and Young Adult (Generations) Worship and Ministry Leader
is to be a man or woman of God, who has ordered his/her life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture and the example of our Lord. He/she is to be an example to the believers in personal godliness (1 Timothy 4:12) and to exemplify God’s requirements
for leadership. This includes maintaining a proper Christian home (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through faith in Him as the Way, Truth, and Life, love and serve Jesus Christ above all others, and consider the position a call from God
- Maintain an authentic and growing walk with Christ through the ongoing spiritual disciplines of Bible reading, prayer, personal worship, fasting, confession, and fellowship
- Be fully committed to living a godly life both in public and private
- Due to the nature of the position, we
prefer the applicant to be married and have a passion for healthy families and relationships while lovingly leading his/her family in life and ministry
- Agree with the overall ministry philosophy and direction of Crossroads and be willing to join the family of Crossroads Community Church as a member
- Be committed to the ministry of Crossroads Community Church and see his/her role as one of shepherding and guiding Crossroads young people to be fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ
- Sees himself/herself as a team player, willing to work within the boundaries of the pastoral staff, elder board, and leaders in the ministry
- Able to manage multiple teams of volunteer musicians and technicians (recruit, coach, schedule, and inspire)
- Have relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading others in worship
- An understanding of the use of the latest technology in worship, including sound, tracks, in-ear systems, soundscapes, lighting, planning center system (or related system), and video projection
- Be progressive/forward thinking/visionary/self-motivated
- The applicant should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Salary Package $36,000-$40,000 (compensation based upon experience)
- To apply please send a resume and application (available at crossroadswired.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org