The Federated Church
Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor, the Associate Pastor is responsible for shepherding the congregation, overseeing the activities of the church and leading staff and volunteers to accomplish the mission of the church which is to rescue, equip and
mobilize every generation for Christ. The Associate Pastor serves as an Elder of the church and reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Bible, Theology, Christian Ministry, or relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in church pastoral ministry
- Ability to pass a background check
- A passionate desire to serve in the local church and make disciples
- A sense of calling toward full-time pastoral ministry and a commitment to the *mission/vision of the church (*see church website www.fedchurch.net)
- Continually grow in spiritual maturity and character through regular study of God’s Word, prayer and the practice of spiritual disciplines including personal accountability.
- Preach and teach God’s Word during weekly services when called upon so those who participate in the life of the church will grow in to fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ and be equipped for the work of the ministry.
- Assist the Senior Pastor with planning and leading services of worship and prayer to glorify God and build up His Church.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a Christian education strategy for the church (through small groups and Sunday School) that supports and enhances the overall vision of the church.
- Lead and provide pastoral care for the congregation through prayer, visitation, counseling, mentoring and personal interaction.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in the preparation and leading of evangelistic activities of the church with emphasis on equipping the congregation to reach out to unsaved individuals God places in their lives.
- Help develop and implement a Christ-centered recovery program (such as Celebrate Recovery) which will offer people healing and hope from addictive behaviors.
- Participate in the mission outreach of the church both locally and internationally.
- Officiate at baptisms, weddings, funerals and other public events.
- Actively recruit and develop volunteers to lead and serve in the various ministries of the church, encouraging them in the use of their God-given spiritual gifts.
- Ensure visitors are welcomed and new attenders are assimilated in to the life of the church.
- Assist the Senior Pastor with leadership of staff and volunteers of the church by participating in regular meetings and providing oversight and direction as appropriate.
- Develop outreach initiatives to attract younger singles and families.
In addition to the duties listed, based upon the needs or priorities of the church, the Associate Pastor is expected to work on specific short-term or long-term goals or objectives established by the Senior Pastor and Elders. The performance of the Associate
Pastor will be reviewed on a regular basis and summarized annually by the Senior Pastor.
Salary commensurate with qualifications/experience.