The Federated Church
Children’s Ministry Director
Under the leadership of the Senior Pastor and in cooperation with parents, the Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for shepherding the children of the congregation, overseeing children’s ministries and leading staff and volunteers to accomplish the
mission of the church which is to rescue, equip and mobilize every generation for Christ. The Children’s Ministry Director reports to the Senior Pastor and Elders of the church.
- A bachelors degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years experience in children’s ministry or related field
- Ability to pass a background check
- A passionate desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth
- A sense of calling toward full-time ministry and a commitment to the *mission/vision of the church (*see church website www.fedchurch.net)
- Continually grow in spiritual maturity and character through regular study of God’s Word, prayer and the practice of spiritual disciplines including personal accountability.
- Oversee children’s ministries of the church including Kids Church, SALT (after school program), AWANA, Sunday School, VBS, Mobile Home Park, Backyard Bible Clubs, Preschool, nursery and toddler care.
- Provide supportive care for the children and parents of the congregation through prayer, visitation, counseling, mentoring and personal interaction.
- Actively recruit, train and develop volunteers to participate in and lead children’s ministries as appropriate. Ensure appropriate background checks and credentials are cleared and kept up to date for all staff and volunteers serving in Children’s ministry.
- Assist parents in their responsibility to raise their children in the “discipline and instruction of the Lord.” The goal is for children to grow in to fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ. Provide parental training opportunities.
- Build relationships with the parents and/or families of children who participate in the ministries of the church. Those who are not actively involved in the life of the church should be invited and encouraged to participate.
- Enhance and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care.
- Communicate with parents and/or families of the children who participate in the ministries of the church. Ensure they are fully informed of schedules, objectives and accomplishments of their children.
In addition to the duties listed, based upon the needs or priorities of the church, the Children’s Ministry Director is expected to work on specific short-term or long-term goals or objectives established by the Senior Pastor and Elders. The performance
of the Children’s Ministry Director will be reviewed on a regular basis and summarized annually by the Senior Pastor.
Salary commensurate with qualifications/experience.