Our Context: Grace Baptist Church is a multi-generational congregation of 300 growing and worshipping together on the east side of Salem, Oregon, the state’s capital city. Grace Baptist Church exists to reach out to the community, build
up believers in their faith, and equip workers to reach their peers for Christ’s kingdom.
Purpose: The ideal candidate we seek will be godly, humble and spiritually mature (Titus 1:6-9 qualified), doctrinally conservative (in agreement with our Statement of Faith) and whose philosophy of ministry is in alignment with ours (a
high view of Scripture, in general, and disciple-making/evangelism, in particular).
In addition to these spiritual qualities, the ideal candidate will be an outstanding musician, a team builder, and able to inspire our band and choir to achieve excellence for the glory of our great God. Also, they must be able to organize quality Christmas
and Easter events according to our budget, vision and available talent.
The Director will:
- Have complete oversight over all music ministries of the church.
- Lead the corporate worship services on Sunday.
- Invest in the musicians God has given to the church and build them up in their faith as well as their musical gifts.
- Plan weekly services in coordination with the other staff.
- Lead the choir (preferred).
- Develop all programs for music ministry in conjunction with the priorities and philosophy of Grace Baptist Church, which include reaching, building and equipping priorities.
- Coordinate staff plans and activities to ensure harmony and effectiveness throughout the church.
- Develop annual ministry goals and the budget for the church in conjunction with the Deacons.
- Attend weekly meetings with staff.
- Meet regularly with Ministry Teams, Deacon Board and Elders.
- Participate in the activities during special church-wide events.
Primary Working Relationships
The Director will:
- Work with the Elders in developing and implementing the spiritual direction for the church.
- Work with church staff and Deacons to fulfill the mission of Grace Baptist Church.
- Be accountable to the Lord, the Senior Pastor and the Deacon Board.
Qualifications of a Strong Candidate
A strong candidate for the Director of Music Ministries with possess these qualities and traits:
- Be godly.
- Be a person of integrity
- Be a team player who has the ability to work with others and accepts new ideas.
- Be a team builder who leads by preparing people to take responsibility.
- Be a servant leader.
- Be an encourager.
- Be family oriented, having a priority for their family relationships and the church families.
- Be a college graduate with a music degree (preferred).
- Be an accomplished musician.
- Have experience working with all age groups in the church.
- Possess strong communication skills.
- Be in concurrence with the vision statement and declaration of faith of Grace Baptist Church and the identity document of CB Northwest (http://www.gbcsalem.org/beliefs/ and http://www.cbnw.org/about/).
- Have a heart for evangelism and missions, both locally and globally.
- Be focused on developing mature believers within the church.
- Have a vision and heart for music ministries.
- Have a strong personal walk and devotional life with the Lord.
- Be a prayer warrior.
- Be committed to continuous spiritual growth in their own life.
- Be compassionate.
- Model faith and trust in God.
- Demonstrate Christ-like character.
- Be hospitable, friendly and approachable, with a heart for God’s people.
- Be teachable and adaptable.
- Be a good listener.
Terms: This position is part-time (0.60 FTE; 24 hours per week) position. Salary is commensurate with the responsibilities of the position and the experience of the candidate. Benefits are not included for part-time positions. A background
check is required.
How to Apply: Candidates wishing to apply should submit a letter of introduction (not to exceed one page), a current resume, links to videos demonstrating their music skills and/or ability leading worship, and a list of three references
to Brian Schmidt, Chairman of the Deacon Board, via email only (we are not accepting paper applications) at
email@example.com. Please use Word or PDF format. Be sure to include accurate contact information including phone and email.