Calvary Bible Church of Kalamazoo, Michigan is seeking an individual to join their staff in the role of Student Ministries Director. This is a unique opportunity to serve God in a growing church congregation with a vibrant middle school (grades 6-8) and
high school ministries (grades 9-12).
Calvary Bible Church is looking for a Student Ministries Director who will faithfully serve the middle school and high school students at Calvary through effective Bible teaching and personal discipleship. Our Student Ministries Director will serve under
the leadership of the Next Generation Pastor and alongside additional children’s ministry and student ministry staff. While responsible for a significant portion of the teaching ministry, they will also assist in the oversight of the adult volunteers and
the organization and implementation of programming and activities.
Candidates who are interested in becoming Calvary’s next Student Ministries Director must:
- Be willing to become a member of the church
- Be in agreement with Calvary’s Constitution and Statement of Faith
- Provide strong recommendations and references
- Possess a personal background that reflects strong moral and ethical character
- Effectively communicate as a Bible teacher, relate well with students, and have a heart to see the next generation please God and make disciples
We ask that only those who currently possess these attributes consider applying:
- Demonstrates a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Earnestly seeks to know and obey God’s Word
- Seeks and promotes prayer as a priority, both personally and in the life of the church
- Possesses a spirit of humility and a willingness to learn and work with others
- Demonstrates a passionate commitment to share the gospel and has a strong desire to see students share the gospel as well
- Actively disciples and equip individuals for ministry as Christ did with His disciples
Calvary is looking for someone who will, with God’s leading, fulfill the following responsibilities:
Study God’s Word and spend significant time developing and delivering messages for middle school (Wednesday nights) and high school students (Sunday mornings).
Assist the Next Generation Pastor in providing organizational leadership to the middle school and high school programs and activities. This will also include the development of volunteer leaders.
Assist the Next Generation Pastor in providing relational shepherding to the middle school and high school students. This will include biblical correction, counseling, and discipleship.
CANDIDATE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Calvary is looking for someone who meets the qualifications listed below:
- College Graduate with a Bible or Ministry Major
- Called by God to Ministry
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org