Youth and Young Adults Pastor Job Description
Seeking a vibrant qualified leader who will effectively:
1) Reach unchurched middle & high school students and post High School young adults with the
message of Jesus
2) Connect them in community with others in the ministry
3) Grow them in the faith
4) Involve them in service for Jesus.
1. Vision and Strategic Planning
- Develop, communicate and implement a vision for student and young adult ministries that is consistent with Hopes vision and purpose as overseen by the Senior Pastor
2. Coordinate Middle & High School Student Ministries and Young Adult Ministries
- Develop and provide oversight for attractive weekly meetings that reach, connect and grow Middle School, High School and Young Adults
- Identify, equip and lead the team of volunteers.
- Provide oversight for the planning and teaching of Sunday morning classes for students
- Meet regularly with adult leaders. Assist and encourage team members in vision and skill to perform their roles as leaders, ensuring quality and relevance.
- Work with adult leaders to identify and train student leaders. Establish personal mentoring relationships with students and train other leaders to do the same.
- Execute effective strategies for regular communication between volunteers and families to encourage parents to be well-informed and involved in student ministries.
- Develop a missions philosophy for students both local and global.
- Provide oversight of and/or coordination with other student ministries of Hope
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of youth: curriculum, meetings, family events, parent meetings, planning meetings, retreats, and youth/young adult mission trips.
- Develop and maintain a master calendar of all Hope student and young adult ministry events.
- Publish scheduled events through various media platforms.
- Manage the Youth and Young Adults budget
Character & Conduct Qualifications
- Fits 1 Timothy & Titus qualifications for church leaders
- Must have a strong commitment to the vision, mission, purposes, and philosophies of Hope Fellowship.
- Leads a disciplined life of daily fellowship with God and Bible study.
- Evidences biblical character in personal life, family relationships, and ministry.
- Desires to grow both spiritually and professionally.
- Has a genuine heart for shepherding the body, specifically youth and their families.
- Must be a devoted and growing follower of Christ.
- Must be in harmony with the church and respectable to the community.
- Attendance, tithing, prayers, and presence must be in support of Hope Fellowship.
- Must be a servant leader and capable of submitting to fellow leaders; not quarrelsome or belligerently independent.
- Must be willing to learn and embrace the West Coast/Seattle culture.
- Must have a passion for developing community among the followers of Christ.
- Must have the ability to win people over and bring out the best qualities in them. Strong interpersonal skills, a sense of humor and a risk taker
- A Bachelor’s degree required, and Seminary degree is preferred.
- Organizational and administrative skill.
Outcomes and results – success in this position will result in:
- Growing numbers of students involved with middle school, high school and young adult ministries
- Growing numbers of student and young adult leaders reaching out to others both inside and outside Hope.
- An organized, effective core of volunteers helping
- Growing numbers of youth and young adults integrated and serving at Hope
- Seniors graduating with a vision to follow Jesus and build up a local church wherever they may be.
After exploring our website hope-fellowship.net, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Submit a cover letter along with a profile picture and/or family picture with your resume.