Position Summary: Plan, coordinate, and evaluate a fun and safe nursery and preschool environment that ministers to both children and their families.
- Have a growing personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and have taken the step of believer’s baptism.
- A passion and love for ministering to kids and their families and a desire to help them grow in their relationship with Christ.
- An ability to work as a part of an interdisciplinary team to further the mission and values of CBC, both as a staff member of CBC Kids and CBC as a whole
- The ability to recruit, grow and lead the existing preschool and nursery teams
- Strong administrative and organization skills such as, but not limited to Microsoft office, and maintaining the budget and expenses.
- Experience with nursery and preschool age children
Lead and Equip other leaders and teams to plan, implement, and oversee the following ministries and events:
- Sunday morning nursery and preschool programs
- Summer programs including VBS for preschool and nursery
- Periodic preschool family events
- Recruit, equip, and empower a team of lay leaders to serve as leaders and assistants in nursery and preschool on Sunday morning
- Help transition towards large group programing for the preschool ministry
- Build relationships and invest in the lives of the families of CBC by providing materials and occasional classes for new families
- Utilize all available tools to communicate with parents, lay leaders and the community
- Coordinate with Childcare Coordinator to fulfill nursery needs for weekly daytime ministries
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining the nursery area
- Implement and maintain a nursery & preschool rotation of volunteers
- Oversee purchasing and preparation of preschool curriculum
- Responsible for managing the budget, purchases, etc.