“This is a position on the Groups Team, with an emphasis on connecting men and making disciples. Must have 5 years experience leading a groups ministry. BA degree preferred.
To develop and bring life and leadership to an expanding network of Men’s Life Groups.
1. In the first 30 days: Familiarize yourself with the structure of the Groups ministry.
2. In the first 30 days: Familiarize yourself with our Men’s ministry leaders (Coaches and Men’s Group Director, Wild at Heart, Men’s Breakfast, etc.).
3. In the first 60 days: Work with the Communities Pastor to develop a 12-month calendar of next steps for every Ridger and first steps for their friends.
4. In the first 60 days: Work with the existing men’s leadership teams, exploring ways to help them accomplish their goals and make their events better.
5. In the first year: Identify and recruit a growing team of Coaches sufficient to provide care for every Life Group Leader in your affinity (ie., 1 to 5).
6. In the first year: Work with the Communities Pastor to launch and sustain an additional 50 Men’s Life Groups.
7. In the first year: Collaborate with the rest of the Groups Team to imagine and develop strategies and initiatives that inspire a growing number of men and women to bring a friend, choose community, make a difference,
and give generously.
“Must Have” skills, experience, leadership capacity:
- Leader of leaders.
- History of building, organizing, envisioning, and releasing teams.
- Proactive. Sees what needs to be done and takes initiative.
- Collaborative leadership. Works with leaders and teams in other areas.
- Global perspective – sees and contributes to the needs of the whole church, not just their area.
- Can both agree with and contribute to our ministry philosophy and vision direction.
“Must Have” Character traits, relational skills, spiritual leadership
- Coachable and approachable. People are drawn to him. Welcoming of feedback from other leaders.
- Loves people and invests in their spiritual development.
- History of making disciples (not just team members).
- Can champion our culture and values. Can’t be playing catch up.
- History of the servant leader model of leadership.
- Specific calling to Canyon Ridge.
Interested Candidates please send your resume and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org