PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2FLnOVq
Weekly Attendance: 8500+ in-person
Denomination/ Affiliations: Nondenominational
Location: Irvine, CA
Mariners Church is a community of ordinary people from all walks of life courageously trusting Him to do the extraordinary. Simply put, they trust Him to do what they can’t—heal, transform, renew, forgive, provide and sustain. And through each redemption
story of each believer at Mariners, God is glorified, lives are changed and communities are impacted in a significant way.
About the Organization:
Mariners Church planted its roots 52-years ago, in an intimate community with a common desire. A group of people came together with one goal: to bring Jesus to their friends and neighbors. They began meeting in homes, praying, studying, and growing in their
desire to share the gospel. Over time, the meetings grew, the need for biblical teaching increased, and it became clear God was leading this small group of friends towards a larger vision to start a church.
As Mariners Church has grown—from homes to buildings, campus to campuses, through celebration and sorrow, growth and decline—the church has remained true to its calling. Regardless of circumstances, they passionately continued their desire to see the community
come to know Jesus.
Today Mariners is a reflection of the church’s humble beginnings as well as a reflection of the diverse multicultural community in which the church is located. As God continues to lead the church, Mariners is committed to teaching God’s word, being God’s
loving family, planting more disciple-making churches, being innovative and culturally relevant, investing in the next generation of leadership and equipping the church family to do the work of ministry.
Through continued prayer and reliance on His leading, the community of believers at Mariners Church endeavor to leverage and steward the resources with which they have been blessed to expand His Kingdom in their local community and around the world.
About the Position:
The next Senior Pastor will provide primary spiritual, visionary, and strategic leadership to Mariners Church Irvine. The successful candidate will value the heritage and legacy of Mariners, and commit to be the chief champion of inspiration, calling people
to follow Jesus and courageously change the world. They will lead a world-class staff that will establish systems and programs to maintain health through a balance of discipleship, evangelism, and outreach.
This individual will first and foremost be an excellent communicator able to teach God’s Word, with an ability to also dream and cast vision for the next season of congregational life and community impact. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a deep prayer
life and a proven commitment to balancing the rhythms of work and life. He will be a proven “leader of leaders” who can motivate and inspire high-capacity men and women to use their gifts to further the vision.
He will wear the dual hats of Pastor (able to discern God’s direction for the congregation) as well as CEO (with organizational leadership skills to lead an entity with hundreds of employees).
What We Are Looking For:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Senior Pastor:
It is likely that the successful candidate will have a graduate college degree in order to be most effective with the highly-educated members of the community.
Experience & Skills
- Possesses an entrepreneurial ability, always thinking about and creating ways for greater impact and reaching more people.
- A remarkable aptitude for teaching and preaching in an effective manner to reach multiple generations.
- Exceedingly gifted with strong, relational, confident, and dynamic communicating abilities.
- Comfortable engaging in theological discourse if/when needed.
- Creative, balanced, and resourceful in use of time and talent.
- Leadership proficiency in both large and small group surroundings.
- Substantial experience with diverse people groups and communities.
- Ability to work in an interconnected, collaborative team environment.
- Capability to rally and mobilize individuals towards a cause.
- Experience in complex, multi-site church settings.
- Life experience in a setting of professionals, entrepreneurs, and people who have made it in life but are seeking significance.
- Fully devoted follower of Christ who leads others into full, personal devotion by their example.
- Champion of the vision of Mariners.
- A willingness to maximize personal capacity for growth.
- A supportive spouse who has a vested interest in both the marriage and the ministry, through which the relationship demonstrates a healthy marriage partnership.
- Display a high level of emotional and relational intelligence.
- A ‘player-coach’ who can call potential out of younger team members.
- A measure of life experience that conveys a personal spiritual “gravitas” to those around them.
About the Location:
Throughout its history, Orange County has been an attractive, dynamic place in which dreamers, visionaries, entrepreneurs, and innovators from many walks of life have found fertile ground to realize their dreams. Known around the world as “The OC,” Orange
County envelopes its residents and visitors in the ultimate Southern California lifestyle—with casual sophistication, manicured beaches, legendary theme parks, and endless options for fun in the sun and cultural exploration. Today, it continues its rapid progression
towards sustained improvement of all elements contributing to a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
Located about an hour south of downtown Los Angles and boarded by Newport Coast on one side and foothills on the other, Irvine sets in the center of Orange County. The combination of natural beauty, mild climate, world-class education, and placement at the
center of Orange County quickly sparked a vision for the master-planned community that would become the City of Irvine. The city epitomizes a multicultural nexus of education, innovation, business, preserved wildlands, outdoor recreation, the arts, and family-friendly
communities. It is a growing urban center with a population of just over 200,000. Quality of life here is high, and the FBI has ranked Irvine "America's Safest Big City" every year since 2005.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> bit.ly/2FLnOVq