The Executive Pastor will be the primary “vision-implementer” for Crossroads Community Church. It is your responsibility to communicate the vision and provide leadership for our staff, overseeing the day-to-day operations of the church, so that as a team,
we accomplish the mission of our church.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or another related field is required. (seminary / graduate degree preferred)
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business environment or 5 years of leading the day-to-day operations of a church with 1500 attendees.
- At least five years in a multi-site church setting with experience in administration and leadership development. (preferred)
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ who demonstrates spiritual maturity and a growing personal relationship with the Lord within Christian community.
- Subscribe to the Beliefs of Church (see our statement of beliefs on our website).
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Church.
- Remain a partner in good standing of Crossroads Community Church as defined in our “partner agreement”.
- Individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and character above reproach.
- Ability to relate to and work with Senior Pastor, while assisting in executing the church’s vision under his direction.
- Gifted and clear communicator, both in person and in writing (emails, etc.).
- Spiritual Gifts MUST include Administration, Discernment, Knowledge, Leadership, and Wisdom, and should also include shepherding/pastor and teaching.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office, knowledge of non-for-profit accounting, and have a general knowledge of social media platforms
- Support the Senior Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision making, planning and overall direction of church staff. (General)
- Facilitate the annual strategic planning process including evaluation of ministry performance; review of mission, vision, and core values; development of key objectives and tactics; and establishment of annual goals according to the Senior Pastor’s vision
and direction. (Strategic)
- Establish and maintain a set of Strategic Ministry Priorities (SMPs) that provide the Senior Pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church. (Strategic)
- Develop, implement and oversee regular accountability of the general policies of Crossroads Community Church
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, and facilities management.
- Lead all aspects of hiring, reviewing (quarterly), mentoring and terminating staff, creating/maintaining formal job descriptions and pay ranges.
- Lead church planting efforts including identification/development of core plant leadership teams and integration into the overall network.
- Maintain appropriate insurance including: medical, dental, life, property & casualty, automotive, etc.
- Meet regularly with Senior Pastor to apprise him of status of church ministries and staff activities. (Admin)
- Lead meetings in Senior Pastor’s absence. (Admin)
- Develop, implement, and oversee regular accountability of personnel policies
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives.
- Oversight of budgets, cash flow, income and expenses.
- Champion the development of infrastructure by all ministry and support areas that supports healthy, long-term growth of the church.
- Coordinates marketing aspects of the church including, print & website.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, master planning, design and architecture, contractor selection, and construction.
- Establishing an annual plan for upkeep, renovations and improvements of buildings and surrounding grounds.
- Continuous improvement of Information Technology: computers, software, web integration, wi-fi on campus, etc.
- Oversee the administration of all leases, agreements, and capital investments with guidance from Trustees.
- Oversee purchases and sales of Crossroads real estate/buildings with guidance from Trustees
Other: Perform other duties as assigned.
- Reports to the Senior Pastor.
- Serves alongside the Board of Elders & Trustees.
- Coordinates with other committees and ministry teams across network.
- Supervises & coordinates church staff.