Faith Community Church:
Faith is a non-denominational church that began in 1978 with a strong commitment to expository preaching in Gambrills, MD. The church has approximately 500 worshipping weekly and this has been surging of late. Our active youth group has 40-50 young people
involved with a great potential to reach many more.
The primary purpose of this ministry position is to lead and oversee effective ministry to Junior High and High School students. This will be accomplished through evangelism, discipleship and the teaching of God’s Word. Our desire is to shepherd, train and
equip those that the Lord has entrusted to us, so they can be an active part of the body of Christ.
Our mission breaks down into three areas of focus: Evangelism (1 Cor. 9:19-23), Discipleship (Eph. 4:11-16) and Servitude (Matt 28:18-20).
All activities, events, and gatherings are structured around this mission with Christ at the center. The student ministry pastor position will focus on partnering with parents, relating directly with students, and leading and equipping volunteer staff.
This will be achieved through focus on:
- Prayer, God’s Word, shepherding and discipleship
- Pastoral leadership and ministry execution
- Volunteer and team recruitment, training, empowering, and support
- Christ-centered relationships with students, parents and volunteers
- Mid-week and Sunday programs which are small group focused
- Balanced emphasis on evangelism and discipleship
- Visiting local school campuses
- Various events (i.e. Outreach, training/equipping, spiritual growth)
- Possess a clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ
- Biblically qualified to serve as an elder (1 Timothy 3 and Titus 2)
- Demonstrates a passion for God’s Word and His working in their life
- Has a passion for young people and a desire to cultivate solid relationships within the group.
- Has the ability to make a reasonable commitment of four or more years
- Has some experience working in some manner with youth
- Has some experience working with a leadership team
- Has a Bible college degree or a seminary degree
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Applicants of interest will be sent a packet of information which includes the doctrinal statement, application and other materials.