Position: Director of High School & Young Adult Ministries
Reports to: Lead Pastor
The Director of High School & Young Adult Ministries is responsible for leading an active & vibrant youth ministry involving 9th through 12th grade members, their friends, and other youth that may be reached through this ministry. It also involves developing
and organizing a Young Adult Ministry ranging from 18-30 years of age.
As a minimum, the Director of High School and Young Adult Ministries needs to demonstrate the following:
- A relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to work with teens and young adults.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to youth and young adult ministries.
- Competence in the use of social media as a primary means of communication with participant base.
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, to maintain a positive outlook, and to be flexible in solving problems.
- Vision, passion, energy and heart for the unchurched.
- High School Diploma required; Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Develop, guide, oversee, and implement a vibrant ministry for high school students and young adults in order to reach people with the light of God’s hope and love.
- Be a visionary leader on behalf of Faith Lutheran Church for high school and young adult ministries.
- Maintain records of participants, meetings, policies, and planning for high school and young adult ministries.
- Develop and encourage Christian leadership from youth and young adult leaders.
- Work effectively as part of a larger staff team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Exciting and dynamic weekly high school fellowship and faith formation events that reach youth in our community that are both connected to this ministry, and not yet connected.
- Regular service events and opportunities for significance for high school students and young adults.
- Develop and grow leaders at every level of high school and young adult ministry.
- Get high school youth and young adults connected into appropriate small group ministries.
- Plan, coordinate, and establish leadership for annual mission trip for both high school youth and young adults (two separate events).
Compensation package (salary, pension, health benefits, and continuing education) will be commensurate with experience, potential, and education.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.