The lead pastor will assist the elders in overseeing the spiritual life and vision of Hillside Community Church. We strongly believe that “Christ will build His Church…” (Matthew 18:15). We desire a lead elder who will help us accomplish God’s purpose for
our church, community, and world.
We are looking for a Lead (Elder Pastor) who is…
Accountable and responsible for:
- Leading Hillside Community Church’s vision and mission of reaching those in Brownsville and beyond with the gospel.
- Leading, training, and empowering the elders, deacons, church leadership, and the congregation.
- Selecting and developing spiritual leaders who can assist in accomplishing the mission of the church.
- Sound teaching and preaching of the Scripture with an emphasis on life application and the Saving Grace of Jesus Christ.
- Assisting the finance committee and elders in the development and management of the annual church budget.
- Establishing church strategies for intentionally reaching the lost and equipping believers for ministry, growth, and maturity.
- Reporting regularly to the elders.
Called and gifted for:
- Serving as long term lead elder pastor at Hillside Community Church
- Serving in the Brownsville area
- Teaching, preaching, leading, administrating, and building teams for the overall health of Hillside Community Church
- Reaching the lost while shepherding those who know Jesus
- Serving in a Small Town Rural area
- Small group ministry
Education and Experience that includes:
- Seminary training or its equivalent is preferred
- Experience on a church staff leading teams, teaching, and developing ministry strategies.
- Rural Church setting experience, though not a requirement for employment
- Experience working in the secular world, though not a requirement for employment
- Life experiences, both successes and failures, that have been life developing
- A clear testimony of personal faith in Jesus both inside and outside the church, revealing integrity, honesty, and a love of people
Biblical Views which:
- Align with and adhere to the (SBC) Southern Baptist Convention’s statement of faith and by-laws of Hillside Community Church.
- Reveal a devotion for and a practice of the ministry of the Word and prayer (Acts 6:4).
Character and a heartbeat which reveals:
- A lifestyle reflecting the biblical qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
- An obvious and well tested love and devotion to Christ, love and devotion to family, and others.
- Jesus and His teachings as the centerpiece and foundation of his life and ministry.
- Humility and transparency before God and others, in both strengths and weaknesses.
- Someone who is a lifelong learner.
- The fruit of the Spirit as a lifestyle (Galatians 5:22).
- A missional focus desiring to reach ALL people without partiality.
- An ability to teach and an open humility to be corrected.
- Authenticity along with a youthful, energetic passion for the things of God.