Northpoint Church is a vibrant, non-denominational church located in Toledo, Ohio with a congregation of approximately 550. Northpoint has been in existence since December 2001. Northpoint has enjoyed continual growth since its inception. To make room for
Northpoint’s current growth we are entering into a new building campaign doubling the size of our current auditorium and remodeling all children’s and student ministry space. We place a high value on knowing and experiencing God through Biblical teaching
and reaching those who do not know Christ. Life-giving programs for children, students, young adults; community through life groups, mission mindedness and serving together all provide guiding values. You can learn more about us at discoverthepoint.org
Toledo is a city in the county seat of Lucas County, Ohio, United States. Toledo is in northwest Ohio, at the western end of Lake Erie bordering the state of Michigan. It is a city with an art community, auto assembly businesses, education, healthcare, and
minor league sports teams. The city's glass industry has earned Toledo the nickname, "The Glass City.” Toledo is known for its awesome parks system, one of the best Zoos in the world, more restaurants per capita than anywhere else in the U.S., and the home
of Jeep! The population of Toledo as of the 2010 Census was 287,208, making it the 71st-largest city in the United States. The Toledo metropolitan area had a 2010 population of 651,429, and was the sixth-largest metropolitan area in the state of Ohio.
We are seeking a person who clearly demonstrates a love for God and a love for people. Our Student Ministry Leader/Pastor will lead a team-oriented ministry to provide all student ministry related programming. He/she will ensure that students have the opportunity
to come to know Christ and then experience and grow in their relationship with Him.
Our Student Ministry Pastor/Leader would ideally be:
- Spiritually Healthy. Passionately demonstrates living the abundant life found in Christ through a vital daily relationship with Jesus Christ and the empowerment of His Spirit. Able to prioritize and demonstrate responsibilities to God first, family second
and church ministry third.
- A People Builder. With responsibility to build and lead teams. A pastoral heart and leadership gift is crucial. The ability and appetite to love, lead, develop and empower others is essential.
- A Program Builder. Will consistently look for best practices and strategies to lead students to Christ and then grow. Will be focused on consistent improvement and regularly evaluating progress.
- Continuously Learning. Consistently learning from leaders who are further along with a strong desire to grow as a leader. Have leadership energy, developmental elasticity and a readiness for what’s next.
- Relationally and Emotionally Intelligent. Exhibits relational and emotional intelligence in his/her relationships. Positive, encouraging and relationally aware.
- Hungry. A passion and commitment to see the local church grow spiritually in depth and numerically in width. Able to set, be held accountable and pursue goals while demonstrating a strong work ethic.
- A Team Player. Humility, reliability and teachable are non-negotiables.
Demonstrates the willingness and ability to effectively learn, lead, develop and implement at least one other area of a ministry department.
This is a full-time position. Salary will be competitive and established by the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
To Apply Submit a resume to: