TITLE: Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor and Missions Ministries
Salary Range: $26,000 to $29,000 based on experience
The Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor and Missions Ministries
will perform clerical, secretarial, project development and other church office duties under the supervision of the Senior Pastor. She/he will also serve as office/clerical support to the Associate of Pastoral Care and Associate of Local and Global
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
The Administrative Assistant should have formal training and experience in office skills and computers and should possess computer skills adequate to oversee state of the art programs. The Administrative Assistant should have ministry assistant certification
from Lifeway Resources or be willing to take the training at the earliest opportunity; College or Business school graduate is desirable. The Administrative Assistant should have the personal demeanor to interact with members and nonmembers in a professional
and Christian manner.
The Church expects that the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor and Missions Ministries will:
1. Be a dedicated Christian who sees her/his job as a means of serving Christ.
2. Be an active Church member, genuinely concerned about the total Church program.
3. Be a good steward of time and possessions (i.e., a tither).
4. Be congenial, positive in outlook, and emotionally and spiritually mature.
5. Be able to keep confidences and be thoroughly loyal to the Pastor and staff members.
1. Accomplish specific duties pertaining to short-term and on-going projects under the supervision of the Senior Pastor.
2. Serve to screen and determine the disposition of pastoral calls and walk-in requests in coordination with the wishes of the Senior Pastor.
3. Act as a direct representative of the Senior Pastor as delegated.
4. Prepare and oversee the publication of the weekly Sunday church bulletin under the supervision of the Leadership Team.
5. Will be responsible for input of information/graphics into Venus computer software for church marquee display each week.
6. Ministerial Support:
(a) Serve as support assistant for the Senior Pastor working with him to help coordinate, support and maintain his ministries as required.
(b) Maintain the Senior Pastor’s administrative file and sermon file database systems as required.
(c) Create and maintain a system for keeping track of the Pastor’s correspondence, projects and master files.
(d) Serve as support assistant for the Associate of Pastoral Care, working with him to help coordinate, support and maintain his ministries as required.
(e) Serve as support assistant for the Associate of Local and Global Missions, working with him to help coordinate, support and maintain his ministries as required.
7. Office Supplies/Equipment:
(a) Master and use all office machines and equipment as required.
(b) Order office and paper supplies for the church office.
(c) Maintain an organized workroom.
8. Intercessory Prayer Ministry:
(a) Establish and maintain certain files pertinent to the Prayer Ministry.
(b) Work closely with the Intercessory Prayer Coordinator Volunteer and prayer warriors to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the ministry is met.
(c) Serve as office point of contact person for Prayer Ministry budget preparation, purchase orders, and supplies.
(d) Serve as clerical support for maintaining Intercessory Prayer Room reservations, handouts, prayer request cards, and related items necessary for the maintenance of the prayer room.
(e) Send out daily prayer requests/updates to staff, FBA, Deacons, Pastor’s Prayer Team and Prayer Request Recipients via Constant Contact of hospital updates and other related information as it relates to FBCUC church members, family and friends.
(f) Process Sunday Prayer Request forms by adding them to the Prayer Email, Prayer Room and/or
Prayer Journal as annotated on the form.
(g) Maintain the weekly church-wide Prayer Journal.
9. Sunday and Wednesday Worship Services:
(a) Assist with administrative and clerical tasks surrounding the needs of the Sunday and
Wednesday worship services.
(b) Work closely with custodial staff to communicate appropriate room set up for Services.
(c) Assist with other duties that might arise surrounding the services as deemed necessary
by the Senior Pastor.
(a) Schedule adult baptism appointments and assist other Administrative Assistants in scheduling children and youth baptism appointments.
(b) Prepare correspondence for baptisms on behalf of Senior Pastor.
(c) Work closely with staff, and volunteers to make certain volunteers are scheduled to assist on days when baptisms are scheduled.
(d) Complete administrative duties related to baptism planning.
(e) Work as coordinator with the custodial staff, maintenance and photographers, Deacon Baptism Coordinator and baptism volunteers in communicating the baptism schedule and Baptism Ministry needs as requested by the Senior Pastor.
(f) Keep an accurate record of baptisms performed in the church for church records.
(g) Prepare a baptism certificate and photograph for each person baptized in the church.
(h) Responsible for making certain baptismal supplies are ordered and maintained.
11. Deacon Ministry:
(a) Assist with administrative needs surrounding the deacon ministry.
(b) Assist with special projects, receptions, tasks as directed by the Deacon Chairperson and/or Senior Pastor.
(c) Correspond with the deacons regarding hospital updates and special needs within the church body.
(d) Order necessary supplies and complete purchase orders for deacon ministry.
(e) Maintain a church office file for the deacon ministry.
12. Wedding Ministry:
Serves as supervisor to the Wedding Assistant, working with her to ensure that the following
duties are performed:
(a) Provide a wedding packet to the couple and assisting them with establishing a date, officiating minister, facility, set-up, decorations, and delivery times while providing information and answering questions related to the wedding and other related
(b) Ensure that deposit is made for rooms requested for events surrounding the wedding and that the couples know that full amount will need to be paid 2 weeks prior to wedding date.
(c) Serve as liaison between the couple for their wedding and reception needs and the church staff.
13. Media and Photography Ministry:
(a) Coordinate with media ministry lay-leaders to make certain sermons and special services are duplicated on compact disc.
(b) Maintain supplies and prepare purchase orders for ministry for various needs.
(c) Work with lay-leaders to maintain media ministry files and assist with other administrative needs as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor and/or media ministry lay-leaders.
(d) Complete recording of sermons on media and completion of other administrative tasks of the Media Ministry Volunteers in their absence.
14. Bereavement Ministry:
(a) Work closely with the Senior Pastor for administrative and scheduling needs for funerals, funeral meals, and related events surrounding the funeral.
(b) Communicate with staff and church congregation of recent bereavement needs within the church body.
(c) Work closely with the Bereavement Ministry lay-leaders for administrative support for the needs of this particular ministry.
15. Benevolence Ministry:
(a) Serve as the office liaison for all walk-in benevolence requests in accordance with the policies set by the Benevolence Committee.
(b) Establish and maintain a filing system regarding all benevolence requests and resolutions.
16. Back-Up Administrative Duties: Train and be familiar with assigned back-up duties to assist other Administrative Assistants as listed on the back-up duty list. This is done in the absence of an Administrative Assistant.
17. Other Administrative/Clerical Duties:
(a) Prepare and be responsible for monitoring budgets under Pastoral Ministries, as requested by the Senior Pastor; purchasing items as needed for the Pastoral Ministry, Wedding Ministry, Deacon Ministry, Media Ministry, Prayer Ministry, Bereavement Ministry,
and those requested by the Senior Pastor.
(b) Ensure the ordering of requested publications, supplies, and equipment in cooperation with the requests of the Senior Pastor and policies set by the Finance Committee and budget, as approved
by the Church.
(c) Establish and maintain a desk reference manual for the position and duties of the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor.
(d) Act as liaison between Senior Pastor and church members for scheduled appointments.
18. Maintain general files in the office of the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor, adding, deleting, or combining files as deemed appropriate.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. The Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor and Missions Ministries is employed by the Church upon recommendation of the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor to the Personnel Committee.
2. The salary is described in the Church budget.
3. Vacation, Holidays and leave time is prescribed in the policy, “Employee Absence Policy.”
4. Normal workweek is Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week. This is a non-exempt, full time, salaried position.
5. Detailed work assignments of the Administrative Assistant to the Senior Pastor and Missions Ministries are defined in a procedures manual developed for this position (with a second copy kept on file with the Office Coordinator).
6. Dismissal will be through the Personnel Committee upon the recommendation of the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor.
7. Resignation will be made to the Personnel Committee. Two week’s notice should be given prior to last workday.