Salem Evangelical Free Church
Fargo, ND / Moorhead, MN
Student Ministry Pastor
Salem’s vision is to help people live lives of love with God, in community and on mission. Our Student Ministry aims to accomplish this vision through intentional, fun, engaging and age-relevant ministry. We desire to help junior high and high school students
know the heart of God, so that they choose to live a life of love with their caring God, connected to Christian community - encouraged and equipped to serve.
Salem’s Student Ministry is made up of over 100 youth and more than 30 incredible volunteers who are making an eternal impact on the lives of students from 7th grade through 12th grade. The students come from over 25 different schools
in our area, and from a variety of a cultural backgrounds. Salem’s student ministry has an emphasis on serving and missions. Salem highly values and has a long history of commitment to ministering to the whole family.
Salem has two wonderful facilities located on two campuses located 6 miles from one another in Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN.
Go to salemefc.org/Connect/Students for more information about Salem Student Ministry.
Required Character Traits & Qualifications:
- Born-again Christian as evidenced through testimony and lifestyle.
- Passion for seeing students and volunteers grow in their love and understanding of God.
- Gifted communicator and Bible teacher.
- Mature and loving interpersonal skills.
- Gifted recruiter and encourager who brings in new volunteers and helps them feel valued.
- Humble leader who embraces training and equipping people for success.
- Experience in leading a program for students in a Christ-centered environment.
- In agreement with Salem’s Mission, Vision and Values. [link to web site]
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Must complete and pass a criminal background check.
Preferred Character Traits & Qualifications:
- Master of Divinity or equivalent.
- Commitment to ongoing personal, professional and spiritual development as well as regular participation in the life of the church.
Time Commitment & Working Relationships:
- This is a full-time salaried position (minimum of 40 hours per week), with the salary and benefits set by the Board of Elders in conjunction with the Compensation Review Team.
- The Student Ministry Pastor is responsible to supervise all Student Ministry programs and associated staff and volunteers.
- The Student Ministry Pastor is accountable to the Senior Pastor or his designee.
- The Student Ministry Pastor is to maintain a loving, collaborative and collegial working relationship with the Ministry Staff.
1. Serve as the leader of ministry to students from 7th grade through 12th grade for Salem
- Create weekly, Christ-centered, biblically-driven environments and programs that are fun, engaging, and that accomplish the vision and mission of Salem for the students.
- Oversee the equipping and teaching of the student & volunteers of Salem to passionately
follow Jesus and live out the Gospel.
- Develop a comprehensive philosophy of ministry (evangelism and discipleship) and a strong vision for the ministry that is communicated to the church, especially the students.Build, deploy and oversee volunteer teams that oversee key areas of the Student
- Ensure excellent communication about the ministry to the student and their parents.
- Provide counselling as needed with students and parents.
- Oversee administrative details of Student Ministry.
- Exercise constant vigilance to ensure the protection and safety of all students (& adults) at all Student Ministry events, both on the church campus as well as on trips.
- Provide Wednesday night teaching and programming.
- Oversee Sunday School programs for Student Ministry.
- Work with the leadership to develop budgets and to maintain accountability.
- Ensure compliance to Salem relevant policies and procedures.
2. Collaborate with the Staff
- Participate in all relevant staff gatherings and supervisory meetings.
- Coordinate all Student Ministry activities with the Ministry Staff and Church Calendar.
- Develop ministry plans, determine initiatives, and set goals that are integrated with and advance the mission of the overall church.
- Monitor and give account for all Student Ministry budgets, attendance, initiatives, and goals.
- Keep the congregation informed about Student Ministry ministries through the bulletin, the Salem Weekly, webpage updates and any other agreed upon means.
For more information about Salem Evangelical Free Church please go to
Please send interest letter and resume to SMSTEmail@salemefc.org