Children’s Ministry Director Job Description
Purpose: To cultivate and lead children, from birth through 5th grade, into a personal, Spirit-filled relationship with Jesus and equip others to do the same.
- A relationship with and commitment to Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
- A lifestyle of spending quality time with God outside of public ministry.
- Experience in children’s ministry with nursery, preschool, and elementary ages.
- Degree in Ministry or Child Development preferred but not required.
General Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Developing/planning, implementing/teaching, and evaluating the children’s ministry on Sundays and throughout the week.
- Leading and organizing effective children’s programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, spiritual gifts, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
- Recruiting, training and shepherding volunteer children’s team with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Investing in friendships with children on an individual basis.
- Keeping parents and children updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Supporting parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with pastoral staff.
- Assisting in the development and oversight of the children’s ministry budget; also manage fees for events and trips in a timely fashion.
- Seeking to integrate the children’s ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Participating in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry through weekly staff meetings.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Experience with digital check-in systems
- Ability to create lessons and crafts
- Mindful of Holy Spirit
The Children’s Ministry Director will report to and be overseen by Pastor Dan McClure.
This part-time position is expected to be 15 hours per week:
- Tuesday – 5 hours (10:30am-3:30pm)
- Wednesday – 5 hours (4:00pm-9:00pm)
- Sunday – 5 hours (8:30am-1:30pm)
Please realize this is a part time job (15 hours a week) in one of the most expensive places to live in the country. Ideally, we are looking for candidates who already live in the Santa Clara or San Mateo counties.