Riverbend Church is seeking a new Kinder - 2nd grade Director to help bring a fresh vision to the Children’s department and lead the ministry to a new phase of growth.
Riverbend is looking for an experienced leader who knows how to develop an effective strategy for growing and equipping young followers of Christ. The successful candidate will be a person of spiritual vibrancy who does ministry out of the overflow of an
intimate relationship with Christ and who has a passionate love for children and families. An important skill will be the ability to develop leaders while serving in a distinctly seeker church.
- Full-time or part-time (Monday-Thursday, Sundays, Camps, Outreaches)
- Prepare and run weekly programs for Sunday morning (9:45 & 11:15) as well as additional outreach programs.
- Communicate God’s Word effectively to K-2nd grade students
- Recruit/train/lead a volunteer staff to ensure that the program is excellent, engaging, and Christ-centered
- Participate in various church outreaches for kids and their families
- Manage an established budget given to you by the children's pastor and show good stewardship of resources
- Actively seek the Lord’s direction to deepen and grow the ministry
- Attend scheduled staff meetings (all-staff, children’s staff)
- Communicate regularly with children’s pastor
- Committed follower of Christ
- Love for children
- Team player
- Love for God’s Word
- A “kid magnet”
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (some type of formal ministry/theological training is a plus but may not be necessary depending upon experience) Don't let this keep you from applying.
- Knowledge of Scripture
- Comfortable being on a stage
- Prior/current experience working with children
- Familiar with the Orange Curriculum (not necessary but helpful)
If you would like to apply please forward your resume to Pastor Todd Mears at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please include any teaching video you may have. Thanks!