Riverbend Church is a large, creative arts-loving, Austin-embracing church in the western region of one of the fastest-growing, most-desired cities in the US. In addition to its primary purpose as a grace-filled, broadly accepting church, Riverbend is known
for championing community, missions and outreach, and the arts – with a heavy dose of world-class, Austin-laced music. Riverbend also showcases local artists of all disciplines and is a premiere performing arts venue within Austin. Average Sunday attendance
is 2K+ and includes five generations.
This position will:
- Be best suited to a vocationally dedicated person with a collaborative spirit, professional attitude, current-culture awareness, and a clear calling to ministry in a Christ-centered atmosphere.
- Work closely with the visionary leadership, pastors, and staff to brainstorm, develop and execute branding across all media platforms, including print, web, digital, broadcast and social media.
- Lead and oversee church-wide communications and provide cohesive and consistent content intended to promote and represent Riverbend’s visual look, copy tone and overall brand.
- Contribute to the Creative Arts Team (CAT) deliverables as a creative voice for visual, aesthetic and design elements, including storytelling, to promote and represent the unique calling of Riverbend in its cause for Christ.
As the leader of the Communications department, this role requires a person who has experience, drive, and passion for all aspects of creative communication as it relates to branding, public relations, advertising, social media, market research management,
and digital content. This position also must lead others: paid staff, interns or volunteers to equip them in the work of the ministry. Expectations are to work well with deadlines, have excellent organizational skills, be efficiently productive and thrive
in a collaborative, dynamic, fun and constantly bar-raising team environment
- College degree in communications, graphic design/creative communications-related field or equivalent experience.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Four or more years of communications or marketing/ad agency experience. Church ministry a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe CC or able to direct design/communications team for deliverables.
- Real world effectiveness in communication strategy, social media, marketing and public relations.
- Awareness of effective Sunday morning service planning and execution.
- Ability to work under pressure, smile, and get it done.
- Appreciable communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Understands and fully adopts the mission and vision of Riverbend Church.
- You not only know how the sausage is made, you help make the sausage, eat it, and sell it better than anyone else.
- Ability to manage budgets and assess ministry effectiveness.
- Highly organized, with exceptional detail and time management skills.
- Attend monthly Riverbend staff meetings and all-staff events.
- Reports to Pastor of Creative Arts.
- Manage and recruit design/communications team of paid staff, interns and volunteers.
- Project management w/ digital tools (we use Wufoo & Trello).
- Take responsibility for ministries being effective in promoting themselves.
- Oversees design team for all church-wide print/digital material:
- Internal church-wide weekly, ongoing, monthly, and seasonal marketing deliverables, including the weekly bulletin, logos, brochures, and flyers, ministry, church events and worship services collateral
- Social media, web and APP content updates.
- Coordination w/ print & graphics vendors for ads, signage, printed material.
- Reviews, proofs, and edit content for all mediums
- Contribute to building, maintaining and developing volunteer writing, photography and other media content teams in connection with creative communication.
The Nitty Gritty:
- Understand, translate and communicate who God has called Riverbend to be: Here at Riverbend, in the surrounding communities of Austin, and everywhere RB is reaching others around the world.
- Carry Riverbend’s ministry calling out to reach the lost.
- Help develop and implement growth and retention strategies through communication channels to the five generations represented in this congregation.
- Communicate as the voice of Riverbend for digital/social platforms and responding when needed professionally and in a timely fashion. Primary strategist for social platforms, and social advertising strategies. (FB, Insta, Twitter and emerging applicable
- Coordinate and cultivate creative strategies that support the Sunday morning, special event, missions and outreach, and various other campaigns.
- Have a keen eye for detail, copywriting, editorial and visual design.
- Leverage Riverbend’s original creative content: sermons, teaching material, original music and art.
- Able to regularly assess effectiveness of all communication and marketing strategies: adapt/change/leverage for greater effectiveness. Up that ROI!
- Direct team to maintain and keep up to date the main Church website and all associated websites (6).
- Willingness to participate in tasks outside of regular job duties when needed and as approved by Creative Arts Pastor, such as:
- Contribute to & collaborate in conceptualizing and articulating creative visual ideas in response to Senior Pastor’s vision for Sunday Series as well as other campaigns in the ‘formative process’.
- Adores the Oxford comma.
Check out riverbend.com, download our APP and check out our social media for more details. (Vimeo page and APP contain references/samples of who we are).