Our Church, which is a member of the PCUSA Denomination and is located in Charlotte NC, is seeking an individual to fill the position of Young Adult Director. The Young Adult Director position is responsible for - Direct responsibility to further structure,
implement, develop, lead and evaluate the total comprehensive program of Christian Life Development for the 18-35 year old - college, career, single and married young adults in our church and in our surrounding community. It is essential that the person is
able to to connect with Young Adults on a social and spiritual level with the intent of coaching them toward Christ-like maturity.
Some specific job responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Young Adults to develop and encourage their spiritual growth with Christ.
- Provide guidance and support based on Biblical principals to Young Adults by making the Scriptures come alive for them. This will include nurturing young families in the Faith.
- Provide leadership for Social Witness by development, implementation and leadership of Young Adults - trips, retreats, classes, mission work opportuities, outreach opportunities.
- Prepare and teach weekly Young Adult Gatherings - this may be in the form of Sunday School / Bible Study or other class type gatherings at different times and days of the week.
- Develop and lead Social Activities for the Young Adult Group in order to encourange and foster relationship development among the group.
- Provide church and community-wide visibility and communication of Young Adult activities and programs.
- Serve as Leader and Coordinator of the Church's Awaken Service - a more contemporary worship service at the Church.
- Serve as a "face" of the Church by welcoming current as well as potential members and visitors to worship services. Develop personal relationships with the entire congregation.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Demonstrate a mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Strong knowledge of the Scriptures with the ability to plan and teach lessons bringing the Scriptures alive to modern life situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong relationship building mindset.
- Demonstrate high proficiency in computer skills including high social networking skills.
- Creative Thinker - ability to develop new un-tried programs.
- Bachelor Degree required - Emphasis on ministry or social work is preferred by not necessarily required. Marketing training / skills would be a plus.
- Optimally, be within the age range of the target group.
- Ordination is not a requirement.