We’re looking for an “A” player to fill the role of one of our campus pastors at The Journey Church NYC.
The Journey is a young (15 years old), aggressive, contemporary, outwardly-focused church in New York City with 3 Manhattan locations
(Village, Upper West Side & Upper East Side.)
The Journey NYC has over 750 attending weekend services, over 800 in groups and expects continued growth.
The position of full-time Campus Pastor at one of our Manhattan locations is currently available.
We are looking for a young, aggressive person who is ready to live in NYC, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most important cities in the world!
This role is ideal for someone with the gift of leadership, growing teams, and communication - and wants to develop as a minister and grow with the church. This is a key position with the potential to move to executive staff level in time. Salary is competitive
and the position is available immediately.
Are you called to serve in New York City?
Do you have a teaching gift and a desire to develop that gift and communicate in both large (Sundays), medium-sized (Membership Class, etc.) and small (volunteer meetings) settings?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Are you called to be a pastor and willing to take ownership and provide primary leadership for one of The Journey's NYC campuses?
Are you willing to work with a team to grow your campus and the church's other campuses?
Do you have the ability and passion to lead and develop the evangelism, discipleship, stewardship, ministry and worship systems of your campus?
Do you have a high view 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
Do you enjoy recruiting volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially first-time guests?
This is a campus pastor position with the potential to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- Leadership, growth, and innovation of a Journey campus in NYC. You will lead day-to-day operations for that campus and oversee all of the systems for that campus.
- Serve as the primary pastor, contact person, and leader for the assigned campus.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate. Also, organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- The ability to teach and contribute to The Journey's teaching team is required as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard-working, bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the position and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; a sense of humor; risk-taker.
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to manage and lead a growing campus and the systems of that campus
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps.
- A desire to not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Comfortable in a non-charismatic worship environment
- Experience in a church of 500 or more is a plus
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why are you interested in this position?
(2) Have you read any books by Journey Founding Pastor Nelson Searcy?
(Fusion, Activate, Maximize, etc.)? Are you familiar with the 8 Systems of the Church?
(3) Why would you feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com.
Sorry – but we won’t consider applications or resumes that don’t follow the above directions.