General purpose: To build young disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
Supervision: Reports to the Lead Pastor for spiritual and ministry guidance. The Lead Pastor, in cooperation with the Staff Parish Relations Committee, provides annual evaluations of the Youth Director’s performance.
1. Create and implement a comprehensive plan for discipleship for youth from 6th grade through College graduation.
a. Align plan with the mission and vision of HUMC
b. Encourage youth’s development of a relationship with Jesus Christ
c. Teach the beliefs of the United Methodist Church
d. Empower the youth to discover and serve within their God-given giftedness
e. Discover opportunities for the youth to engage in service and missions within and outside of the HUMC community; including Day-of-Service opportunities, serving in worship, hospitality, or ushers on Sunday morning, etc.
2. Serve as a Pastor for youth and their families.
a. Communicate clearly and regularly with youth and families using whatever relevant communication methods are most effective
b. Connect with parents in order to minister to the entire family
3. Ensure accurate and timely communication with the entire HUMC community.
a. Create regular communication patterns b. Communicate with the Prayer Team in regards to how HUMC can pray for the Youth Ministry
4. Participate in a visible way in Sunday morning worship.
a. Serve on the Worship Planning Team
b. Participate in worship services ensuring visibility in front of the HUMC community
5. Discover, develop, and deploy fruitful leaders.
a. Build a team of leaders who can grow the Youth Ministry and meet the needs of the youth in accordance with the Youth Director’s vision
b. Encourage leadership in the members of the Youth Ministry
1. Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, seeking to develop his/her own personal and devotional relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Must be willing to do the right thing, even when the right thing is hard to do.
3. Must be able to support and work within the mission, vision, and values of Huntertown United Methodist Church as well as the doctrinal standards of the United Methodist Church.
Please email your resume to Brenda Wylie-Biggs at email@example.com.