PURPOSE: Lead the Youth Ministry at Century Church, a fast growing, new church plant in Pike Road, Alabama
Seeking vibrant leader to provide directional leadership for the Century Church Youth Ministry, reaching students in grades 6 through 12. The ideal candidate will engage students to follow Christ and disciple them into lifelong mature Christian faith. We
are seeking 2-3 years of Director-level experience.
RESUME: Submit resume to Executive Pastor James Keith Posey at email@example.com
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and guided by the Holy Spirit
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Century Church including membership and worship attendance at Century Church, life group participation, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness
- Bachelor’s degree and/or successful church work experience in supervising, organizing and deploying teams of adults and students
- Excellent team-based leadership abilities
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of student lifestyle issues and cultural trends
- Great relational skills with adults of all ages and situations
- Ability to work in, manage, coach and contribute to an overall student ministry staff team “strengths-based” environment
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them in the work of the church.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s youth ministry.
- Regularly teach the Bible to the youth with conviction, compassion, and care.
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages youth.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the youth ministry.
- Oversee all summer camping activities the church’s youth participate in.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term missions experiences (alternating between local, domestic, and international).
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats at the discretion of senior leadership.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A growing Christian faith and character.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.
- Pastoral heart for ministry with core value of confidentiality