New Hope Church, in the south suburbs of Chicago, seeks a dynamic worship leader who can stretch our worship teams and congregation in faithfulness to God's multi-ethnic vision for our congregation as we seek to spread the knowledge and love of Jesus in
ROLE: As church staff, the music ministry leader cooperates with and is under supervision of the pastor, shepherding elders, and council leaders. As an eventual member of New Hope Church, this person is expected to maintain a Christian life, fulfill the
Biblical expectations for the integrity of leaders, and respond to the admonition and guidance of the church. Membership is strongly encouraged to demonstrate commitment to the vision and to help build community.
PURPOSE: Through worship music, to draw people to Christ, to grow them as disciples, to focus their formal worship of God and equip them for a life lived as worship, and to coordinate their service in the formal worship ministries of New Hope Church. Each
of these elements is done with a view toward the vision (“To bring a diverse community into a growing relationship with God and each other.”) and our ministry and musical context, which is generally contemporary and currently features vocals, piano, guitar,
drums, bass, and keyboard.
- Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, plan and lead musical aspects of Sunday morning and Christian holiday worship services by choosing music in cooperation with the worship team and rehearsing with vocalists and instrumentalists weekly
- Meet bimonthly with the pastor and others for planning
- Communicate with and schedule worship team members, and hold 4-6 annual meetings with vocalists, instrumentalists, and audio / visual volunteers together for administrative discussion or musical training such as “jam sessions”
- Deepen and broaden knowledge and practice of worship through leader-approved relationships, experiences, classes, and / or reading
with a specific focus on advancing the multi-ethnic vision of New Hope Church. This will result in a diversification of worship music sources, styles, instruments, possibly even languages, which will teach the congregation the celebration of God’s
diverse Kingdom (Revelation 7:7-9).
- Recruit, evaluate, and train existing and new worship team members
- Manage music files, CCLI licensing, and care of church-owned instruments
- If possible, prepare occasional choirs and special music
- Annual evaluation with the pastor, other leaders, and the worship teams. The worship leader is invited to give reports to the elders and / or council at least twice yearly.
- Theological training is not initially required, nor is the ability to speak any non-English language, though both skills would be desirable.
PAY and BENEFITS:
- Annual salary negotiable and based on experience for 15-18 hours per week, church holiday weeks excepted; health insurance is not offered
- May take up to 6 unpaid services off per year (not Christmas, not Easter) as approved by the elders with 3 weeks minimum notice
HOW to APPLY
- Send cover letter, resume with at least 2 relevant references, and music sample to Pastor Dan Roels at firstname.lastname@example.org
New Hope Church, 3642 Lake St., Lansing, IL 60438 / www.anewhopeministry.org