FOH Audio Engineer and Coordinator
(»12-15 hours per week, Salaried, TBD)
Covenant United Methodist Church (www.covumc.org) in Greer, SC has an opening for a new FOH Audio Engineer and Coordinator. CUMC is a thriving church with a 2000-member congregation on the east side of Greenville. Combined weekend attendance in three
services is approximately 1100. Covenant offers both contemporary and traditional worship services, and uses modern technology for reaching people with the gospel message of Jesus Christ.
1. To assist Covenant UMC in creatively communicating through professional audio.
2. To encourage, coordinate, and train all audio volunteers.
3. To maintain and operate audio systems and related equipment.
4. To ensure that all programs and activities have audio support.
5. To attend weekly worship services.
1. To coordinate the set-up and use of all church audio equipment, including the sanctuary, fellowship hall, youth room, gym, and all portable equipment.
2. To maintain an accurate inventory and location of all church-owned audio equipment.
3. To procure, in coordination with the worship pastor, new audio equipment within the annual budget of the church for audio equipment and repairs.
4. To develop a plan for future growth and equipment replacement.
5. To record and archive all worship services.
6. To maintain and repair all church-owned audio equipment as appropriate.
7. To edit post-production audio/video to professional quality.
8. To work with the video team to supply edited audio for website purposes as appropriate.
9. Other duties and responsibilities as set forth by supervisors.
The FOH Audio Engineer and Coordinator will report directly to the Worship Pastor at Covenant, and will work closely with the Traditional and Contemporary Worship Leaders. He or she will also work in coordination with the pastoral staff. Further, he or she
will coordinate and lead the chairperson(s) of Covenant’s volunteer Media Team alongside the Production, Video, & Livestream Coordinator.
1. A relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. A sense that the position is a ministry, particularly alongside our volunteers and our congregation.
3. A teachable and grace-filled spirit.
4. Organizational skills.
5. A working knowledge of analog and digital mixing and recording.
6. Self-directed and motivated.
7. Experience as a FOH Audio Engineer/Operator. Experience in a house of worship is preferred.
Sundays 7:30 AM – 12:30 PM | Tuesdays 6:45 – 9:15 PM | Other hours as needed/negotiated