Summit Church was planted over 20 years ago as Heritage Church, in Lincoln, CA (35 minutes outside of Sacramento). Over the years, Heritage Church gained a strong reputation for practically loving and serving the community. Though we have gone through a
number of changes as a church—our name, our location, our style, etc.—we have stayed true to our passion for practically and relevantly loving and serving this community. We currently have around 500 people attending Summit Church at all levels of spiritual
maturity—from not-yet-followers-of-Christ to those who are new-to-Christ to those who are mature followers of Christ.
We believe that part of our mission in this community is to expand our reach of influence and increase our impact for Christ and grow our church to 1000+ in the next 3-5 years. Part of that reach, impact and growth will come from the addition of
a Spiritual Growth Pastor to our leadership team.
Summit has been strategic in creating an inviting and safe culture for individuals to explore and discover a relationship with Christ. It is our intention to be equally strategic in implementing measurable systems, effective ministries and fruitful programs
that help move every person, within our reach of influence, forward in their spiritual health.
About the position:
This is a new position, and as such, requires a capable and motivated leader to create new systems, new ministries and new programs that inspire and encourage individual followers of Christ to continue growing in their spiritual maturity and health.
In addition to developing a holistic, growth track that provides on-going opportunities for individual spiritual growth, this position will also re-imagine, implement and manage a
small group system that provides off-site, relationship-energized, group learning and targeted growth opportunities.
This position will call for the recruiting, development and mentorship of numerous volunteers, at varying levels of spiritual maturity, who will host, facilitate and lead small groups and spiritual growth ministries, events and programs.
ABOUT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- 5 to 10 years of applicable experience at a high-functioning church(es)
- Earned degrees and other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role
- Ministerial credentials with a balanced and theologically-sound denomination or licensing body
- Served on staff at large church settings of 500+
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATE
- Proven success in creating, implementing and growing small group ministries and spiritual growth/discipleship programs
- Dynamic and engaging communicator on stage, in groups, and “on paper”
- Identifying, inspiring, training, and placing volunteer leaders in fitting ministry opportunities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to create necessary infrastructure, relevant systems and growth metrics
- Builds a culture of thriving small group communities that feed the health and strength of the larger whole-church community
- Executing attractive, creative and exciting groups, events and programs that increase participation
- Adept at utilizing pertinent software and applications that provide real-time feedback and metrics of effectiveness
- Possesses the skills to “do all the work”, but prefers to train-up, equip and release others instead
- Always sees the “big picture” vision and mission of the church and builds ministries and programs appropriately
- Keeps priorities straight
- Genuine and evident love-relationship with Christ and His Church
- Commitment to continual growth—spiritually, personally, and professionally
- Faithful and loyal to the vision, mission, values, and leadership of Summit Church
- Values, invests in and fiercely protects the team leadership culture
- Values love, family, honor, integrity, generosity, excellence, and humility
- Highly relational and culturally in-tune with various generations
- Embraces change and pursues innovation
- Confident and secure in your Christ-centered identity and seeks out others who are more capable and talented than yourself
- Entrepreneurial, inspirational, and fun!
~All resumes /applications should include a current photo and links to video samples of you speaking/teaching as well as any other relevant support material
~Since every church has their very own, unique DNA, we want to make sure that each of our leadership team is a perfect "fit" for our one-of-a-kind culture. So, before applying, all applicants should visit and thoroughly familiarize themselves with our website
(www.MySummit.church). Though it's not comprehensive, it is an accurate snap-shot of our culture, philosophy and style.