A Bit About Us:
Summit Church was planted over 20 years ago as Heritage Church, in Lincoln, CA (35 minutes outside of Sacramento). Over the years, Heritage Church gained a strong reputation for practically loving and serving the community. Though we have gone through a
number of changes as a church—our name, our location, our style, etc.—we have stayed true to our passion for practically and relevantly loving and serving this community. We currently have around 500 people attending Summit Church at all levels of spiritual
maturity—from not-yet-followers-of-Christ to those who are new-to-Christ to those who are mature followers of Christ.
We believe that part of our mission in this community is to expand our reach of influence and increase our impact for Christ and grow our church to 1000+ in the next 3-5 years. Part of that reach, impact and growth will come from a passionate, energetic,
focused, and skilled student ministries pastor who is committed to making a lasting and meaningful mark in the spiritual development of middle and high school students.
A Summary of Our Position:
The VERTICAL Student Ministries (VSM) pastor will be responsible for all components middle and high school student ministries services and growth groups, events and activities.
The VSM pastor will recruit, lead, train, empower and release the volunteer teams which support Vertical services, groups, activities and events.
The VSM pastor will also regularly engage in ministry responsibilities and opportunities in the adult Sunday morning worship services, events and activities to help facilitate strong relationship connections with parents and various ministry volunteers.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in full-time youth ministry at a church(es) of 500+ in attendance
- Earned degrees and other credentials that have equipped them for the duties of the role
- Ministerial credentials with a balanced and theologically-sound denomination or accrediting body
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for church leadership
- A successful track record of building a healthy and growing student ministry
- Readiness to adapt and learn new methods and systems of administration, leadership, communication, and ministry philosophy
- Enjoys and supports a team environment, but self-motivated and does not require micromanagement
- Proven success in the following areas: -strong understanding of the spiritual and emotional development of middle and high school-aged students; -enthusiastic volunteer recruitment and development; implementing strategies and methods for growing a youth
ministry; -a proficiency for communicating biblical truths in a practical, relevant and engaging way
- Able to think creatively and strategically, quickly overcome challenges, effectively problem solve, and communicate and lead volunteers toward clearly-communicated goals
- Ability to easily utilize administrative and support programs and applications (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Advance the annually-decided vision, health and growth goals and projects of Summit Church/Vertical Student Ministries
- Align personal and ministry purposes with the mission, vision, values, philosophy, style, team leadership distinctives and doctrinal statement of Summit Church
- Able to clearly and effectively communicate with students, parents, volunteers and fellow staff members
- Charismatic, energetic, engaging speaker who readily uses humor, creative illustrations, media and other tools to effectively communicate biblical truths and their relevant, practical applications
- Strong familiarity with and proficiency in the use of social media as a means of promoting Vertical events, services, activities, growth groups, etc.
- Build intentional ministry strategies and environments to help students meet, know and follow Jesus.
- Recruit, train and equip a sufficient number of adult volunteers to support the ministry goals and objectives for numeric growth, spiritual and emotional development and health of middle and high school students
- Build a relational ministry where students can relationally “stick” by connecting with each other, as well as with adult leaders/volunteers. Where students are known, feel safe and are cared-for and sought-out in a healthy and appropriate manner
- Create an easy path for students and adult volunteers to discover their spiritual gifting/abilities and provide appropriate ministry opportunities
- Develop a fun, culturally relevant, welcoming, and encouraging culture that students will enthusiastically attend and invite friends
- Create, sustain and grow a fun, high-energy, engaging, encouraging, and inviting weekly service for middle and high school students that fulfills Summit Church’s mission to GO, GROW, GATHER, GIVE and GLORIFY
- Lead the students and volunteers of Vertical in practical community service/ministry opportunities
- Expand the reach of Vertical Student Ministries through visits to local schools and community activities
- Lead the students and volunteers of Vertical during special events and special weekends at Summit
- Actively participate in and support the vision, mission, culture, goals, and purposes of Summit Church leadership
- Stay current with culture, trends and real-time needs of the middle and high school students of Lincoln and surrounding communities
- Partner with parents through providing resources, training, and intentional experiences to equip them to lead their students in spiritual and emotional health and maturity
~All resumes /applications should include a current photo and links to video samples of you speaking in a youth ministry context
~Since every church has their very own, unique DNA, we want to make sure that each of our leadership team is a perfect "fit" for our one-of-a-kind culture. So, before applying, all applicants should visit and thoroughly familiarize themselves with our website
(www.MySummit.church). Though it's not comprehensive, it is an accurate snap-shot of our culture, philosophy and style.