The Crossing, a multi-site church with four St. Louis-area campuses, is a place where a whole bunch of us gather each weekend to study this ancient story found in Scripture that is still transforming lives today. We believe church should be a place where
believers of Jesus and skeptics can stand side-by-side to study truth and ask tough questions. We are currently seeking a Campus Youth Pastor for our newest mult-site campus that just opened in December 2017.
The Crossing is a non-denominational church rooted in Scripture. We blend teaching and worship with art and technology to create a service where you can experience the message of Jesus in practical and life-changing ways.
This full-time position will oversee the entire youth ministry (6th-12th graders) at our Grants Trail Campus. This person will have the ability to create a safe environment for students all over the spiritual spectrum to take steps on their journey with
Jesus. This includes (but is not limited to) overseeing the weekly YouthCrossing gathering, events, outreach, volunteers, and volunteer development. This person will have a high gift of leadership and be very relational. Creating community, culture, and trust
amongst teams to further the reaches of the youth ministry is top priority.
Responsibilities include serving as the primary teacher and vision keeper of campus youth ministry, overseeing the Middle and High School volunteers, recruiting and training teams of adult volunteers as well as providing ongoing training and leadership development
for volunteers. In addition, this position also develops and implements student leadership opportunities, oversee off-campus small groups and works closely with the creative arts team in implementing weekly services. The Campus Youth Pasotr will also get
to create community and relational opportunities through events and activities for students at the Grants Trail campus.
- A growing personal relationship with Jesus and a passion for ministry
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- Ability to relate to young people, and lead them to grow in their Faith
- An attitude of humility and a teachable spirit
- A strong Biblical communicator
All qualified individuals must meet the above job-specific requirements, in addition to the following requirements for all staff members of The Crossing:
- Attend a service on a weekly basis
- Be passionate about The Crossing and a relationship with God
- Baptized as a follower of Christ
- Completion of all vision venues within the first year of employment
- Regard the Bible as God’s final authority in all areas of Christian life and desire to be wholly obedient to it
- Wholeheartedly affirm The Crossing’s Statement of Faith, including our view on baptism
- Live a lifestyle consistent with scriptural principles