The Youth Ministry Pastor is responsible for developing a comprehensive biblically-based ministry to youth and their parents under the direction of the Family Ministry Pastor. This role is part of the Berean GROW team (Gather, Grow, Give, Go) as we are on
mission to see our lives, our community, and our world transformed by the power of the gospel. Transformation will be accomplished through a biblical, comprehensive, and consistent approach to equip parents to be the primary disciple-makers of their children,
to see them develop a firmly rooted, authentic faith. The Youth Ministry Pastor will lead and oversee the youth ministry of Berean consisting of grades 5-12, including its budget, vision, strategy and structure.
This position will also directly oversee the Sr. High ministry to students and families including its budget, programming, care, and making sure it fits within the overall vision for youth and the church.
- Provide supervision and leadership to youth staff, administrative staff, volunteers, and other leaders in the youth ministry.
- Oversee and lead the youth ministry across all multi-site campuses.
- Identify, hire, and manage the appropriate levels of paid youth ministry staff.
- Align ministry to place and equip parents as the primary spiritual influence in the home.
- Lead, grow, and develop a strong volunteer team that is well trained and excited to serve as another voice in the life of students, guiding them toward spiritual growth.
- Equip youth to be disciples who make disciples.
- Provide pastoral care and serve as a counselor with students and families in matters of salvation, baptism, and in matters of personal and family concerns.
- Participate in the Berean Baptist Church Family Ministry team mission, vision, and values, and fully engage in church events and with all staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; possess a Master’s level seminary degree, or be willing to pursue one.
- Ordained minister, or willing to engage in the ordination process.
- Gifted in and called to youth ministry; loves youth and has passion for evangelism.
- Recognizes, encourages, and supports the God-ordained role of parents in the spiritual development of youth.
- 4-6 years prior professional leadership experience in a growing youth ministry with preference given to those with experience in a church of 1000-1500 or who have worked with a ministry with over 100 youth in weekly attendance.
- Lives a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Timothy 3:1-7).
- Thrives within a team environment; with the pastoral staff, the elders, church staff, youth team, administrative team and volunteers.