Children’s Director/ Pastor
Email resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at: acfak.org
WHO WE ARE:
At ACF Church, we see our jobs as a calling. We are a staff of mutually broken people who are devoted to moving others and ourselves into reconciliation with God. Our church is dedicated to being hope in dark places within our city, state, and world. We
believe that life is short, the stakes are high, and it’s all about Jesus.
ACF Church is a growing gathering of the churched, unchurched and dechurched, located in Eagle River, Alaska. Eagle River is a community of 35,000 people, composed of many young families and military personnel. ACF Church’s demographic is primarily between
the ages of 20 and 40 years old. A large percentage is current or ex-military because of the close proximity to JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson). ACF Church is only 6 miles from Anchorage, which has a population of over 300,000. The church has grown
exponentially from 35 people in 2009 to about 1,200 currently.
We are looking for a person with a love for children’s ministry, a passion for Christ, and a skill set to build onto a vital and growing Children’s ministry. In the past 3 years, our children’s ministry has grown from on average 60 children a week to currently
350. We are looking for a person with strong relational skills to work with children, parents, volunteers and ACF staff. With this mission in mind, the next Children’s Director/Pastor of ACF Church will be responsible for the ministry of children from birth
through 5th grade. This individual will implement a biblically sound and fun curriculum, creating an environment where children engage with the Word of God and partner with their own families to grow in Christ and His teachings.
The Children’s Director/Pastor will have oversight of all aspects of the Children’s Ministry at ACF. They will be responsible for recruiting, developing, shepherding, and maintaining all staff and volunteer teams. This job is about providing C.O.V.E.R.
(Care, Oversite, Vision, Encouragement, & Resources) to our Children's ministry teams as it is about anything else. This position reports to the Family Pastor.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in leading children ministry (birth - 5th Grade)
- Creative and hardworking
- Able to recruit, train and motivate volunteers
- Experienced in empowering people and leading teams of staff and volunteers
- Able to cast vision to a leadership team
- Able to create; organize; and administer budgets, events, and ministry communications
- Able to communicate with the pastoral staff, volunteers, and parents
- Able to adapt to unexpected or sudden changes
- Offer pastoral care and discipleship to people within ACF Church.
- Be a disciple maker.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of biblical theology.
- Have a history of healthy conflict resolution skills and relational bridge building.
- Full time 3+ years pastoral experience is preferred.
Thank you for showing interest in the Children’s Director/Pastor position at ACF Church. Illuminate Kids is growing at a rapid pace with over 300 children attending on a weekly basis. We also have hundreds of parents who we vision partnering with to help
their children grow closer to Jesus, not only during services but throughout the week. This position demands a visionary leader with experience building teams and working with children. We have begun our local and national search for the right person to fill
the role and are inviting applicants to send us the following:
-3 or more References
-2 minute Introduction video (can be cell phone video) answering the following questions: Who are you? Where are you from? Why would you be a good fit for this position? Chipotle or Qdoba?
We are grateful for your desire to help ACF Church amplify the grace of Jesus to children in Alaska.