Position Title: Executive Pastor
Direct Report: Lead Pastor
Summary of Position: The Executive Pastor is responsible for the day to day direction of church staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes strategic planning, finance, facilities, office
administration, communications, human resources and our family ministry team.
The Executive Pastor Duties Shall Include:
- Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Oversee the ministry staff in the establishment of six-month goals, oversee annual performance evaluation, thereby insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in office administration, communications, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management that benefit New Life Fellowship.
This includes Emotionally Healthy Spirituality and New Life Community Development Corporation which are part of the New Life Fellowship family.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels, financing multisite initiatives, etc.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fund raising campaigns, annual Christmas offerings, contractor selection, and construction.
- Give oversight and support to the Kids Ministry Pastor and Youth Pastor in the execution of the Orange Philosophy of Ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a minimum of 10 to 15 years of experience as a senior leader in a corporate business or church environment of over 1,000 people.
- Has 5+ years of leadership experience in a multiethnic context.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in Business, Technology, or other related field is preferred.
- Exposure to Emotionally Healthy Spiritualty and/or Emotional Intelligence paradigms
- The successful individual must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, and above reproach character.
- Living in the NYC Metro area preferred.