Senior Pastor of The Springs
REPORTS TO: Elder Board
THE GOAL: To provide teaching, leadership and spiritual vision for The Springs to fulfill the purpose and vision of The Springs. The focus of his ministry shall be in the spirit of Ephesians 4:11-16. These goals will be achieved by modeling
personal disciple-making, preaching and teaching for life change. (2 Timothy 2:2; 4:1-5)
- He shall meet the spiritual qualifications for an elder as found In I Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Passion for and mastery of the Scripture (Psalm 11:97; 2 Timothy 2:15)
- Has a demonstrated leadership capacity, the ability to develop, equip and mentor others, and a commitment to building and maintaining a strong leadership team.
- Ordained by or willing to pursue ordination by the Evangelical Free Church of America
- Communicates effectively in both verbal and written form
- He is in agreement with the Evangelical Free Statement of Faith.
- He will have a seminary degree.
Teaching and Preaching
- Teach the congregation rooted in, and consistent with, scripture. Embraces expository preaching.
- Work closely with the Worship Pastor to plan themes consistent with the preaching series creating a comprehensive worship experience.
- Disciples and works with other staff and people in the church to develop a preaching team.
Vision Casting for Discipleship
- Through teaching and modeling: inspire, teach and challenge our church to keep our number one priority "Making disciples" in the forefront of the direction that God is leading us.
- Continually clarify and highlight the vision of disciple-making through the Sunday morning worship experience and leading the staff and ministry leaders to regularly communicate the same vision.
- Ongoing evaluation of the implementation and effectiveness of the priorities addressed in the Vision Plan, work with the elders and leadership to identify "course corrections" when needed.
- Work with church ministries and staff to ensure that all efforts are in line with the vision of the church.
- Work closely with the Pastoral Staff and Elder Team to identify ministry priorities which will move the church closer to our vision and mission.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with God that exemplifies a disciplined plan of personal worship to include: prayer, Bible study and a connection with other believers.
- Make your family your first priority for ministry.
- Leads and directs purposeful staff meetings and long term planning.
- Maintain a continuing education plan for skill building and self-improvement for yourself and other staff members.
Shared Staff responsibilities
- Weekly follow up with one person who is new to The Springs or a new comer to The Springs.
- All staff participates in different aspects of pastoral care, the lead pastor gives attention to issues involving critical illness or death as a priority and the care of the elders and deacons. Coordinate with the pastor of Congregation Life concerning
the overall care of The Springs family.
- Weekly disciple-making with other leaders or potential leaders in the church. Define opportunities for mentoring/coaching/teaching/relationship building with others in the body.
- Serve as an ex-official member of all boards and ministry teams. Be a liaison or member of the nominating team, staff search teams.
- Membership Class: participate or oversees the SHAPE interviews to help new members find the proper ministry placement.
- Perform other tasks as mutually agreed upon with the Elder Board