PLEASE APPLY HERE --> vsearch.ws/2oAAJiX
Denomination: Cityview Bible Church is a Bible Church. We are a part of the Association of Hill Country Churches.
Location: Round Rock, TX
About the Organization:
Cityview Bible Church is… A family of believers, committed to reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
Cityview Bible Church is a spiritually vibrant, growing congregation that is committed to reaching people with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ. Planted in 2007, Cityview Bible Church now has an average weekly attendance of 700 adults and 300 children
After 10 years of being portable, Cityview Bible Church moved into its first building in November 2017. It is committed to a gospel-centered philosophy of ministry that roots all spiritual growth and development in the grace of God offered in Jesus Christ.
Cityview Bible Church is a church-planting church. It has planted churches in 2009, 2011, 2013, 2015, and is in the process of planting another church in 2018-2019. Cityview is a member of the Association of Hill Country Churches, a network of 25 churches
in the Greater Austin region committed to reaching every man, woman, and child in the region with the life-changing reality of Jesus Christ.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate for the Student Ministries Pastor will have a strong character, excellent relational skills, the gift of teaching, and clear vision for how our student ministry can reach, disciple, and send out middle school, high school, and college
students as missionaries in their relational contexts.
Our average 2018 Sunday attendance for Middle School students is 70; Middle School Adult Leaders is 20; High School students is 50; HS Adult Leaders is 20. The combined Wednesday night average for both MS & HS students is 50 and adult leaders is 4.
The Student Ministries Pastor will take those ministries to the next level in both spiritual and numerical growth. He will also oversee the launch of a dynamic college ministry to the two college campuses within a mile of our new building. At present we
have approximately 10-15 college age & twenty-somethings involved in ministry.
The position is a full-time pastoral staff position. The ideal candidate will be a team player that understands how student ministry fits into the bigger picture of the church’s discipleship work with parents and members of all age groups. And who shares
our vision of reaching every person in our city with the gospel.
Someone with strong biblical and theological acumen, positive experience in student ministry, and a proven track record of building strong teams will be a great fit for this position.
What We Are Searching For / Qualifications:
The following describes many of the characteristics of the ideal candidate for the Student Ministries Pastor:
An advanced seminary or theological degree, such as an M.Div., is preferred, but a bachelor’s degree and some biblical training is required.
Experience leading a student ministry or ministry leadership in a student setting is ideal for this role.
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ marked by the fruits of the Spirit in Galatians 5.
- Compatibility with requirements for pastor/elders in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1.
- Commitment to personal evangelism and living missionally.
- Genuine love for students and a calling to minister to them.
- Walks in humility and models the character of Christ in his servant leadership.
- Gifted teacher and communicator of God’s Word to students.
- Experience in recruiting & equipping ministry leaders (leader of leaders).
- Ability to lead others through casting a compelling vision (visionary leader).
- Agreement with the doctrinal statement and principles and practices of CBC.
- Alignment with the CBC purpose and vision statements.
- Willingness to submit to the leadership of the elders of CBC.
- Conversant enough in biblical theology and apologetics to be able to present a distinct Christian worldview and not just independent Bible stories.
About the Location:
Round Rock, Texas, with a population of around 105,000, is located 15 miles north of Austin in the Central Texas hill country. Round Rock is the 31st largest City in Texas, according to the 2010 U.S. Census Bureau data.
Major employers include Dell, Sears Teleserv, Emerson, and Texas Guaranteed Student Loan. Its combined property tax and utility rates are among the lowest in the region. It has an award-winning park system, school district, and is one of the safest cities.
Round Rock is the one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, and one of the best-managed cities in Texas. The city has maintained high quality of life while becoming a major center for economic growth in Central Texas, with industry clusters in Clean
Energy, Advanced Manufacturing, Life Sciences, and Computer/Software Development.
Round Rock was ranked No. 5 safest city in the nation based on crime rates. It is the only city in Texas to make the top 10. It was also ranked No. 3 best city in America to start a family by LendEDU. Williamson County was ranked 4th-healthiest county in
Texas, as well as No. 4 among “Best Affordable Places to Live” in America by Livability.com.
Austin, Texas is home to over 1,800,000 residents in the MSA and has a diverse culture with a rising Hispanic population. Austin is one of the fastest-growing cities in the U.S. and often is ranked within the top 10 on many national lists. It is described
as one of the youngest, most educated, and technology-savvy cities, with creativity and technology comeing together to make Austin on the cutting edge of innovation. The warm climate and variety of “unique” establishments provide an environment that allows
residents to interact and mingle year-round.
Let us introduce you to some key interesting facts about Austin:
- The city of Austin is home to over 800,000 residents. Less than 5% of the population is churched.
- In 2011, Austin was chosen as one of the eight best places to live and work in the U.S. by Business Review USA and the #1 community from "America's Top 100 Places to Live in 2011" by RelocateAmerica.
- Austin offers environmentally friendly, affordable living. The median price for homes in NW Austin and Cedar Park is $250,000.
- With a growing technology sector comprised of more than 200 local computer companies and numerous government, higher education, and healthcare jobs, Austin continues to lead the nation in business and employment opportunities. It is ranked #7 on Forbes’
list of Best Places for Business and Careers in 2011.
- In 2004, Austin received the international honor of being selected as the American Capital of Culture for its top-notch museums and arts, popular culture, sports teams, and “unique happenings.” Since then, Austin has been living up to its motto, "Keep Austin
Weird," especially with new developments in the surrounding areas such as coffee shops, eccentric stores, restaurants, food trailers and festivals. Many of these can be found Downtown in the SoCo District.
- Austin officially adopted the slogan “Live Music Capital of the World” in 1991, when research proved that the Capital City was home to more live music venues per capita than any other city in the world, including New York City, L.A., and Nashville. Austin
hosts SXSW, one of the largest music festivals in the nation with over 2,000 performers and 90 venues in the Downtown Austin area.
- Austin is known for its commitment to health and fitness. The city’s push toward healthy living also provides an environment for top health care systems. With the warm Austin climate, many residents are active outdoors near many of the lakes (Lake Austin,
Lake Travis, and Town Lake), swimming holes, recreational water attractions, and near the lush nature trails, parks, and wilderness preserves.
Sperling’s Best Places summed it up perfectly when they described the famous big city with a small town feel by saying, “On the Colorado River, in the heart of the Hill Country, Austin offers an affordable cost of living, low utility costs, clean water,
and easy access to outdoor activities in the surrounding wooded, rolling hills.” We couldn’t say it better ourselves.
PLEASE APPLY HERE --> vsearch.ws/2oAAJiX