POSITION: Director of Music Ministry (Worship Leader)
REPORTS TO: Senior Pastor
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time
Bible Baptist Church of Wilmington, OH is seeking a worship pastor who possesses the strong interpersonal and leadership skills necessary to motivate believers through worship. We seek a candidate who is energetic, has a passion for Jesus,
and has the ability to share that passion with the congregation through worship. This person must possess strong musical leadership skills, a broad knowledge of contemporary Christian music and hymns, and the ability to actively connect with and inspire the
congregation throughout the worship service. This leader will also be responsible for coordinating and directing special music events along with recruiting and cultivating talent within the church to participate in the worship ministry.
This full-time position will be responsible for coordinating, directing, and leading a 100 person choir and orchestra vocally and instrumentally for an outreach-focused and mission-minded large Independent Baptist church located in Southern Ohio. The music
must be biblically founded, spirit-led, energetic, inspiring and of excellent quality.
- Leading worship, vocalists, and musicians (experience with choir and orchestra a must).
- Comfortable in the use of technology in worship (sound/audio production software and hardware, presentation software and hardware, video production software and hardware, and stage lighting software and hardware).
- Planning seasonal/special events to share Christ (experience with drama team a plus).
- Born again Christian who feels a call by God into ministry and Christian leadership.
- Strong love for children and families and a desire to serve.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to lead, inspire and engage the congregation during the worship experience.
- Music background by education and/or experience and teaching ability sufficient to coach and guide all the members of the music ministry to continually enhance their musical skill.
- Strong work ethic with ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
The Director of Music Ministries shall:
- Provide inspiring and motivational music during all worship services, special programs, and events.
- Lead the congregation utilizing a variety of styles of music including coaching for new songs unfamiliar to the congregation.
- Engage the congregation through the musical worship experience in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Recruit and empower musicians to facilitate worship in a variety of styles (choral, praise, bluegrass, etc.)
- Utilize technology in planning and presenting music to enhance the worship message.
- Oversee Kids Praise Ministry ensuring adequate staffing, music, and curriculum.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and any other meetings required by the senior pastor.
- Meet regularly with senior pastor as needed at a time mutually agreed upon.
- Be in close contact with office staff and provide a timely and accurate schedule of Music Ministry activities through the appropriate vehicles of communication including meeting strict weekly deadlines as set by the senior pastor.
- Oversee the maintenance of the music library including weekly church media ministry and a database of hymns, praise music, and anthems used in worship.
- Lead weekly choir and orchestra practices and provide schedules, practice CDs, and printed music to all members in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide spiritual guidance and leadership to the choir and orchestra.
- Have extensive knowledge of and oversee maintenance of sound/audio software and hardware, presentation software and hardware, video production software and hardware, and stage lighting software and hardware.
- Oversee the maintenance of the music ministry equipment to include computers, sound/audio equipment, presentation equipment, video production equipment, stage lighting equipment, musical instruments, etc.
- Recruit, train, and schedule sound/screen operators for the worship services.
- Participate in visitation/outreach/hospital/counseling responsibilities as assigned by the senior pastor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This Director of Music Ministry Job Description is subject to review and adjustment at any time and for any reason as deemed necessary by the Senior Pastor.
- Worship Leader: 3+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Bible Baptist Church of Wilmington, OH offers a competitive salary, health, dental, and vision benefits, and 401(k).