Lead Worshipper Job Position - Summer 2018
Position Objective: to provide leadership to the ministry of music, praise and worship at First Baptist Church of Collingswood from May 21 through August 2018. We are looking for a
person who possesses a deep faith and a strong desire to grow as a leader in worship ministry.
Hours: Part time – 20 hours per week
- A clear and compelling testimony of faith in and love for Jesus Christ, and a growing, personal relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the mission, vision and statement of beliefs of First Baptist Church of Collingswood.
- Commitment to moral purity and Christian discipleship
- Proficiency in voice as well as guitar and/or keyboard.
- Capacity to learn and grow as a worship leader
- Capacity to lead as well as play music
- Possess a heart for spiritual transformation of others through worship ministry
- Proficiency in organization, communication, and interpersonal relationships.
- A team player with a positive attitude
- A self-starter
- Commitment to leading a multi-generational congregation in worship using both contemporary Christian music and traditional hymns
- Commitment to working with the Senior Pastor to ensure that worship glorifies God, is biblically and theologically sound, and supports God’s vision for the church.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor to plan Sunday services (song selection, order of worship, etc.).
- Provide church office (secretary) with information necessary to prepare the program and power point presentation for the service; review power point with secretary to make sure all slides are properly arranged; coordinate with technical ministries or secretary
to make sure power point is on sanctuary computer.
- Coordinate with technical ministries (sound board operator) to ensure technical aspects of the service are adequately covered
- Coordinate with Senior Pastor and Church Office to schedule and communicate with lay leaders for service
- Coordinate with technical ministries to make sure we have what we need for Sunday services (mics, instruments, etc.)
- Communicate and conduct rehearsals with praise team members to ensure music is of a quality that encourages God-focused worship
- Lead devotional time with praise Team members at rehearsals
- Cultivate musical and spiritual growth of praise team members
- Promote a sense of community within the worship team
- Provide samples of music (audio files, youtube, etc.) to team members when learning new songs
- Leading Worship
- Come Spiritually prepared to lead the praise team and congregation in worship
- Lead with a ‘Lead worshipper’ as opposed to performance mentality
- Direct the congregation ‘upward’
- Lead with multiple worship styles (contemporary and traditional)
- Lead with both prayer and praise
- Attend staff and leadership meetings as needed and participate in the planning and implementation of ministries that enhance worship
- Assist with other duties assigned by the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team consistent with this job description
- Lead worship in Youth and Children’s Ministry activities when requested
- Report and be accountable to the Senior Pastor and Leadership Team
Interested applicants should apply to First Baptist Church of Collingswood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also find out more about our church at fbcoc.com.