Profile for all Staff Leadership Team members:
Members of the Faith Christian Community Staff Leadership Team (SLT) will serve our family in the dual role of Elder and Staff Pastor. At this time, the SLT will be comprised of the Teaching Pastor of Vision and Leadership and the Pastor of Ministry and
Management. This is a co-leadership model similar to the one proposed at Willow Creek Community Church as part of their succession plan. The SLT works together as a team, deferring to one another’s gifting, experience, and expertise and then speaking into
the Eldership with one unified voice. They must meet the qualifications of an “Overseer/Elder” as specified in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9. Their ambition, commitment, and style in leadership must reflect the challenges of 1 Peter 5:1-4.
We are looking for leaders who are spiritually, emotionally, and relationally mature, possessing a genuine desire to serve and a passionate love for the church. They are Kingdom builders, not empire builders, working to declare the gospel and demonstrate
the way of Jesus in every corner of the world. SLT members are expected to embrace the vision, mission, and values of Faith Christian Community as well as our statement of faith. They are men with nothing personal to prove, fully committed to team at every
level of ministry, and able to work with diverse groups of people.
The Vision of Faith Christian Community: (From Acts 1:8)
“People living as Spirit-empowered examples of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in every corner of the World.”
The Mission of Faith Christian Community: (From Matthew 28:18-20)
“Faith Christian Community exists to invite the world into a relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
to teach people to follow the way of Jesus, to train followers of Jesus
to embrace and use the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and to launch disciples
of Jesus into every corner of the world.
The Values of Faith Christian Community:
Faith - Trusting God for great things
Christian - Following Jesus wherever He leads
Community – Serving others out of love for Jesus
Position Focus Sheet:
JOB TITLE: Pastor (Ministry and Management)
DEPARTMENT: Faith Christian Community Elder Team, Staff Leadership Team
REPORTS TO: Faith Christian Community Elder Team
DATE REVISED: February 28, 2018
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time, Exempt, At-Will Employee
PREFERRED PROFILE: Developer or Developer Manager
High D and I or C (Disc)
To fulfill FCC’s mission of inviting the world into a relationship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit,
teaching people to follow the way of Jesus, training followers of Jesus
to embrace and use the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and launching disciples
of Jesus into every corner of the world through all ministry departments except for Celebration and Communication.
- Serves as an Elder
- Collaborates with all members of the Staff Leadership Team (SLT) to oversee every ministry of Faith Christian Community (FCC).
- Oversees FCC’s Spiritual Growth (discipleship) strategy assuring consistent and sufficient scope and sequence in all ministry areas.
- Oversees all aspects of FCC’s Sunday School and/or Small group ministry.
- Preaches 10-15 effective and doctrinally-sound sermons each year.
- Other Pastor/Leadership responsibilities as appropriate:
- Officiates weddings, funerals, etc. as needed.
- Personal challenges to leaders around mission and ministry management.
- Church discipline and/or crisis response.
- Personal Spiritual Passion and Maturity:
- Meets biblical qualifications of an Overseer/Elder (1 Tim. 3 and Tit. 1)
- Exhibits fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5)
- Ambition for the Kingdom and not for self (Jam. 3)
- Accountable to other faithful me by “doing life together.”
- Understands his own limitations and values the contribution of others (1 Cor. 12)
- Engages in personal and corporate prayer and worship.
- Demonstrates a passion and vision for discipleship in the context of highly relational, gospel-centered communities.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and appreciation for the value of “The Church Gathered” for celebration, training, encouragement, and challenge.
- Must personally embrace FCC’s vision, mission, core values, core practices, and shared beliefs.
- Gifting and Skills:
- Pastor/Teacher and Administration gifting and passion
- High social and relational intelligence
- Professional level competency as a communicator in both large and small group settings.
- Professional level competency in organizational leadership.
- Demonstrates an integrated understanding of the Scriptures and a working knowledge of current and relevant theological issues.
- Proficient in the use of media and social media
- Life-long student and learner
- Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher with an emphasis in ministry, business administration and/or church leadership.
- 10 years previous experience in a church similar to FCC in size and scope with a significant amount of teaching and ministry management.
WORKS CLOSELY WITH:
- FCC Elder Team
- Teaching Pastor (Vision and Leadership)
- Pastor of Operations
- All department leaders (staff or laity) of all ministry areas.
- Active Faith Christian Community member
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with the Faith Christian Community Employee Handbook
- Church discipline and/or crisis response
- Maintain a valid passport for ministry site visits throughout the world
Email resume and coverletter to email@example.com