Youth Pastor – Job Description
-Reports directly to Sr. Pastor and Executive Pastor
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
- Gifted in organization as it relates to service structure from inception to completion.
- Experience (min. 3 years) in youth ministry, basic administration skills, and a personal life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-7)
- Capability to assess and then create and execute both a short term, and long term vision for GFC’s Youth Ministry.
- The ability to demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Biblical discipleship model and willingness to impart discipleship as a ‘way of life’ both personally and in the GFC Youth Ministry.
- The ability to demonstrate a confirmed call to Youth Ministry, love of young people and a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
- A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, staff and volunteers.
- Team oriented, well-rounded, ‘whatever it takes’ mentality and willingness to integrate into a team to best advance the gospel without silos of ministry.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Scope of ministry: Presently, the following ministries are involved: youth grades 6-12.
- Lead and organize effective Youth Ministries implementing discipleship, fellowship, worship, biblical teaching and evangelism, as well as mission opportunities.
- Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
- Lead relationally.
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
- Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities. Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages involvement.
- Support parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with the other pastoral staff.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the Youth Ministry budget. Manage student fees for trips and events in a timely fashion.
- Oversee the young adult (college enrolled) student ministry to engage them, involve them and disciple them.
- Maintain the electronic media presence (web, app, social media) of the GFC Youth dept.
- Participate as needed or requested in the development of the overall church ministry.
- Be flexible in all other duties as assigned.
- Arrive 30-45 minutes prior to any scheduled service or event to ensure the necessary support staff, volunteers and items are in place.
- Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
- Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
- Understand there will be an annual review to determine progress, goals and expectations.
- Participate in discipleship by faithfully leading, attending or engaging in a LifeGroup.
- Send Resumes with Cover Letter to email@example.com