• This job description is a dynamic tool. To some degree it changes with the needs of the church and the gifting and passions of the individual filling the role.
• This job description can be modified by the Lead Pastor when approved by the Governing Board.
• Our expectation is that the individual filling this role would focus their attention and prioritizes on the duties and responsibilities as laid out below.
• The position is full time salaried. It will be 40 hrs. per week with more at peak times of ministry (Christmas, Easter, etc..)
• The Worship Pastor will report to the Lead Pastor.
• Meet with the Lead Pastor weekly to report on and review long and short-term goals
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Attend weekly pastoral staff meetings
• Establish and keep set office hours
• Maintain personal spiritual growth through personal and corporate study and fellowship
• Build and develop relationships with HRAC staff and be a team player
• Reach out and build relationships with visitors and regular attendees of HRAC, furthering a sense of community within the church
• Attend annual denomination events & retreats
• Attend special staff retreats and planning events
• Maintain a healthy and growing relationship with God. Personal Bible study, prayer and reading are critical to stay spiritually healthy. Out of our engagement in the life of Jesus we are equipped to engage in the ministry of Jesus
• Live a life of holiness unto the Lord. You are an example to all believers
• Take care of yourself physically; honoring the body God has given you, protecting your margins and boundaries so you can maintain a healthy ministry long-term.
Job Description: Associate Worship Pastor:
Worship Duties and Responsibilities
• Be highly engaged in the life of Hood River Alliance as we seek to be fully engaged in the Life and Mission of Jesus.
• Coordinate with the Lead Pastor to create and lead the congregation in multiple worship services and special gatherings.
• Work in collaboration with a part time colleague to ensure worship coverage of weekly worship services, Celebrate Recovery meetings and Awana clubs.
• Help guide the church strategically as we seek to add a Saturday night service.
• Identify and recruit worship team members and leaders in the following areas:
o Sound Tech’s
• Train, equip, and provide enrichment opportunities for members of the worship and media team.
• Schedule teams and rehearsals for worship services
• Develop and administer a ministry budget.
• Maintain all sound, light, and video equipment as well as church owned musical instruments
• Participate in pastoral counseling, discipleship and care ministries for members of the worship team and the church at large.
• Will be determined based on experience.
Inquiries can be sent to: Hood River Alliance Church
2650 Montello Ave. Hood River OR. 97031 - (541)386-2812 - firstname.lastname@example.org