Student Ministries Leader
Full Time – Salary with benefits
We’re looking for a committed Christian leader with a passion for discipling students with the gospel.
Northland is a church committed to investing into the next generation. The ideal candidate is an
experienced minister who is a leader with a vision for students, parents, and adult volunteers. This role will
require a candidate with demonstrated experience equipping students with the Gospel.
- Establish and lead a long-term vision for how the church engages Students.
- Develop a Bible teaching calendar for the youth that takes into consideration the full counsel of
- God’s Word and the spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental needs of the youth in our
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for Northland student ministry.
- Reach out to unchurched youth in the community, engage them with the gospel, and involve them
- in the work of the church.
- Develop an annual budget for the youth ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body.
- Participate in general shepherding duties as needed (counseling, care, etc.).
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the youth ministry.
- Oversee all summer activities in Student Ministry.
- Regularly lead the youth in short-term mission trip experiences (alternating between local,
- domestic, and international).
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for youth in the broader church
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats.
- Other duties assigned by Supervisor
- A growing Christian faith and character. A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for
- Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
- 3 - 5 years' experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers.
- Strong ability to lead people of varying ethnicities, socio-economic levels, and generations.
- A desire to teach and mentor youth in biblical truth.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A commitment to the mission of the church.