This position is responsible for the music in Modern Worship Service each Sunday at 11 AM:
- Meet regularly with the Pastor to relate the music themes and texts to the message and scriptural topics for worship services and to assist in the selection of songs for the Modern Worship Service.
- Preview and select music for all aspects of the contemporary worship services including special music opportunities throughout the summer. Selection of music will be made to enhance the sense of joy and reverence in worship.
- Lead the rehearsals of the Modern Worship Team. (Wednesday and Sunday mornings.)
The Contemporary Worship Leader will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Prepare song lists with several volunteers from the team and provide one month in advance to the team and the pastor.
- Maintain a schedule of personnel to insure adequate team participation. Minimum composition of the team should include: a drummer, keyboard, a guitarist, lead singer, sound board, Lighting and A/V operators.
- Seasonal ministries or tasks may be assigned from time to time by the Senior Pastor.
- Be clearly committed to following Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior;
- Be active in the worship life of some Christian church;
- Have beliefs and a lifestyle which affirm and display the traditional, scriptural plan of God for Christian personal and family values.
- Musical skills and abilities to effectively lead the congregation and volunteers in contemporary worship songs and choruses. Proficiency with a keyboard, piano or guitar.