Job Description: Discipleship Pastor
The Discipleship Pastor will enhance New Life’s mission and vision by implementing strategies that will intentionally allow for individuals to grow and serve within New Life.
Primarily, the job of the Discipleship Pastor is to connect individuals to New Life in a significant way. This includes:
- Helping to develop vision and implement this vision for our weekend services.
- Spearheading the development of our Life Groups.
- Inspiring members to get involved in a Life Group within New Life.
- Developing leaders for our Life Groups and encouraging them on their journey.
- Implementing and training our congregation in the use of RightNow Media.
- Offering magnetic Sunday school options.
- Teaching within the Journey Classes.
- Encouraging current ministry leaders and equipping future ministry leaders.
- Working with our Vision Team to discern and implement God’s vision for the congregation.
- Providing counseling for members of the congregation, as needed.
- Sharing the responsibilities of baptism, weddings, funerals, and home visits with the pastoral staff.
- Serving as the Promotional Strategist for the yearly Global Leadership Summit.
- All other duties as skills and vision lend themselves.
- All other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor
The Discipleship Pastor is measured on the depth of people’s involvement within New Life in a significant way through Life Groups and ministry opportunities.
- An increase in Life Group participation each year.
- An increase in ministry participation each year.