First Baptist Church, Jacksonville, NC
First Baptist Church of Jacksonville, NC is offering a tremendous opportunity to serve on staff at one of the most dynamic churches in the nation. FBCJAX over the past eight years has experienced rapid growth; growing from 950 to 3,500 people now on two
We are a young church with a rich history located in the youngest city in America, Jacksonville, NC. Jacksonville is home to the largest Marine Corp Bases located on the east coast, only 25 miles from the beautiful beaches and coastline of North Carolina.
We are looking for a full time Director of LifeGroups who will be responsible for implementing the overall vision of the LifeGroups Ministry while providing direction, administration, development, and oversight of the LifeGroups while working in concurrence
with the overall mission, vision, values, and strategies of FBC Jacksonville. Oversee the overall recruitment, on-boarding process, development, placement, curriculum, encouragement, and management of the staff and volunteers. We are looking for someone who
will champion the vision of “glorifying God by loving all people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ”
by partnering with all FBC ministries to help them accomplish their goals.
The ideal candidate will be a high capacity leader who is able to work well in a fast paced, transient culture. This position requires a minimum of three years ministry experience and a proven track record of effective leadership, judgement and character
is desired. For more information please read Ministry Job Description and submit resume' to the contact info below. A full job description is attached.
Job Title:? LifeGroups Director
Time Type: Full Time
?Salary: To Be Discussed
Worship Style: Contemporary
Church Size: 3,000 - 3,500
Complete Job Description:
Life Groups Director
REPORTS TO (title)
Discipleship & Missions Pastor
Discipleship & Missions
- PRIMARY PURPOSE:
The LifeGroups Director shall serve and fulfill the responsibilities listed below in the spirit of the Mission/Vision of FBC Jacksonville: “To glorify God by loving all people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.” (Matthew 22:36-40; Matthew 28:19-20)
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Execute the overall vision of the LifeGroups Ministry while providing direction, administration, development, and oversight of the LifeGroups while working in concurrence with the overall mission, vision, values, and strategies of FBC Jacksonville. Oversee
the overall recruitment, on-boarding process, development, placement, curriculum, encouragement, and management of the staff and volunteers. Work with FBC ministries to partner in helping them to accomplish their goals.
You are winning when the overall responsibilities are championed, functioning and healthy in support of the staff and volunteers of the LifeGroup ministry and across FBCjax.
The LifeGroups Director reports and answers directly to the Discipleship & Missions Pastor. Effectively working to champion and implement the vision of the LifeGroups Ministry and overall functions of FBC Jacksonville:
- Shepherd and care for LifeGroup staff, coaches, leaders and members within the LifeGroups ministry. (Ability to lead a team of volunteers of over 300 coaches/leaders)
- Create a healthy leadership pipeline of coaches and leaders.
- Respond and connect anyone searching for a LifeGroup with in the appropriate span of care.
- Create and keep an organized and updated list of LifeGroups within Fellowship One.
- Oversee the creation and resources for all LifeGroup Curriculum.
- Maintain integrity and confidentiality in all sensitive matters.
- Plan for future needs concerning programming, curriculum, supplies and budgets.
- Plan, recruit, execute and review LifeGroup events. (Connect weekends, Love Loud, service projects and other special events related to the LifeGroup ministry)
- Model Christ-like leadership to everyone on your team, co-workers, and the church.
- Be the primary leader of all things LifeGroups and act as the 1st contact for life groups within your span of care with an ability to communicate direction and vision.
- Attend all weekend worship experiences to support Connections by answering questions and helping others get connected with a life group/classes.
- Maintain clear and timely communications to Staff, Coaches, Leaders and Members directed by Discipleship & Missions Pastor and Campus Pastor.
- Oversee and delegate all ministry operations along with Budgets, Credit Cards, Time-Off, etc related to LifeGroup Staff.
- Connect with your team, leaders, and coaches through emails, phone calls and one on one meetings on a regular and consistent basis.
- Be willing to speak into the direction and success of the LifeGroups Ministry.
- Regularly invest in the lives of your team, coaches, leaders and LifeGroup members.
- Be able to work well with others – team culture.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all computer programs used for attendance and daily operations.
- Ensure that the LifeGroups and special events are accomplishing their established wins.
- Help Develop and implement the Discipleship and Growth Track Plan.
- Create and resource the LifeGroup team local serving opportunities for LifeGroups to be on mission to and with their neighborhood/community once per semester.
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to gather and organize resources (people, budgets, material, and support) to meet objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish the overall vision and mission of FBC Jacksonville.
- Ability to identify problems, set goals and objectives, breakdown processes into steps develop schedules and assignments.
- Anticipate and adjust for road blocks, measure performance against goals, and evaluate results.
- Work with a team to plan and execute “on-ramp” processes as well as integrate additional “on-ramps” to create new opportunities to reach new coaches/leaders and increase LifeGroup participation.
- Able to talk beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose creating a compelling vision of possibility, hope, and optimism while helping others to own the vision.
- Create and plan the yearly LifeGroup Calendar working towards 1 year in advance.
- Deal with problems quickly and directly.
- Read situations quickly and settle disputes collaboratively by finding common ground and getting cooperation.
- Interpersonal relationship and communication.
- Relate well with people both inside and outside of the congregation.
- Able to balance team and individual responsibilities.
- A team player who gives and welcomes feedback while using diplomacy and tact.
Trust and Integrity
- Create and maintain a safe and positive environment for staff and volunteers.
- Living a life of respect and self-control.
- Not pursuing dishonest gain
- Keeping hold of the truths of faith with a clear conscience
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
- Accomplish assigned duties in a timely manner.
- Risk Taker who is not afraid to fail by strengthening the vision and mission of the Discipleship Ministry.
- Understand and implement the LifeGroup budget.
- Report all spending to Discipleship & Missions Pastor.
- Responsible for staying within budget.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A passion about community among followers of Christ.
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledgeable about life groups, displaying the ability to disciple, coaches, leaders and members.
- Experience preferred in working with and managing staff and volunteers.
- Must possess a high degree of flexibility, adaptability, creativity, and organization.
- Strong self-directive skills, including the ability to accomplish significant goals through team dynamics.
- Be available to work weekends.
- Professional demeanor, approach, and appearance in actions and work style.
- A follower of Jesus Christ and belong as an active member or have a willingness to become a member of FBC Jacksonville.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the overall mission/vision of FBC Jacksonville and exhibit a heart that “Loves God, Loves Each Other, and Loves Our World.”
- A strategic thought process in managing new initiatives, dealing with ambiguity, identifying effective solutions, and envisioning a future state.
- The ability to win people over and bring out the best in them.
- Demonstrate an “approachable” personality and flexible manner.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt quickly and function in an integrated ministry in a large church setting.
- Work well with others as part of a team.
- Excellent relational skills and the ability to connect with volunteers as well as communicate with staff.
- Attend scheduled events, services and activities as necessary unless approved by Discipleship and Mission Pastor.
- Maintain regular office hours within the requirements established by the Personnel Committee. (40 hours // Saturday -Thursday or whatever it takes to do the job)
- Availability to attend meetings (when necessary) outside of normal office hours
- Attend and maintain a personal worship experience.
- Attend required trainings for the Discipleship and Mission team during and outside of normal business hours.
- Attend ALL staff meetings and Chapel.
EEO CLASSIFICATION - This section should be completed by the Human Resources Department. It classifies positions for specific state and federal reporting requirements.
SIGNATURES & DATES - The following signatures are required to confirm the accuracy and completeness of the Job Description; that essential functions are aligned with organization goals and objectives; to validate that it is clear,
concise and supports compliance with legal considerations; and employee understanding of the job requirements. NOTE: Because jobs change, leadership reserves the right to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Immediate Supervisor Date:
Next Level of Management Date:
Human Resources Date:
Organization Name: First Baptist Church, Jacksonville NC
Contact Name: Bonnie Defini
Address:? 1985 Gum Branch Road?
?Zip Code: 28540
Contact Email: email@example.com
Church Website: www.fbcjax.net