Summary of the position:
- The Student Pastor is a committed Christian leader with a passion for connecting young people to the gospel. The ideal candidate is an experienced minister who can relate well with students, parents, and adult volunteers. This role will require a candidate
with demonstrated experience equipping students for ministry.
- Maintain a life of personal and spiritual development and accountability
- Refrain from any social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming of a devoted follower of Christ including all personal social media presences
- Bachelor’s degree, 3 years’ experience ministering to youth and shepherding youth ministry volunteers
- Continual personal development in skills for use in your area of ministry
- Possess a strong passion for Serving the Church and Students
- Respond to emails and phone call within 24 -hour time frame
- Proficient in MS Office and church database program
- Strong ability to teach and mentor students in biblical truth
- Recruit, develop, and deploy new volunteers for the church’s student ministry as well as the student leadership team
- In consultation with senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the student ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget
- Regularly teach the Bible to students with conviction, compassion and care
- Lead efforts to minister to the parenting needs of the church body
- Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funeral, counseling etc.)
- Establish a long-term vision for how the church engages students
- Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship services when asked
- Develop and execute a strategic plan for the student ministry
- Regularly report to the church’s leadership about developments in the student ministry
- Regularly lead the students in short-term mission experiences
- Work with other church leaders to find ministry opportunities for student in the broader church family
- Participate in all staff meetings and retreats
- Connect weekly with students outside of Hamilton Hills regular gathering times through social media, events, activities, school functions, sporting events, etc.
- Create a service environment within HH Students that connects students to the Growth Track, Dream Team, to worship, prayer, building healthy community and challenges them to grow as leaders within the church.
- Lead, train, and oversee the Student Coordinator.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org