Summary of the position:
- The Children’s Director is responsible for the supervision and management of the Children’s Department. Additionally, this role facilitates advancement for our kids into our Student Ministry at the church. This role ensures the effectiveness, efficiency
and overall operation and ensures that HHC remains current on trends and offerings for teaching, curriculum, and early childhood development.
- Maintain a life of personal and spiritual development and accountability
- Refrain from any social or private behavior considered or interpreted as unbecoming of a devoted follower of Christ including all personal social media presences
- Continual personal development in skills that includes continuing education plan and administrative standards.
- Possess a strong passion for Serving the Church
- Respond to emails and phone call within 24 hours
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience in full-time ministry with children. At least 5 years of total ministry experience
- Experience in teaching and mentoring children in biblical truth
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook, Word, Excel and the HHC’s church database system.
- Exceptional organizational skills with emphasis on follow-through and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of professionalism, discretion and confidentiality.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all programming for children throughout the church
- Establish and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care
- Participate in annual budget preparation to ensure adequate funds for operation of both departments
- Define a vision for the children’s department that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision in coordination with other church leaders.
- Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry Dream Team
- Participate in weekly and monthly staff meetings and report to Lead Pastor the accomplishments of children’s ministry
- Maintain the integrity of Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with doctrinal convictions of the church
- Identify and execute ministry and mission opportunities for children to participate in
- Develop and annual budget for the Children’s department and operate with the constraints of the budget
Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org