Quincy is a community of 50,000 people located in west-central Illinois. It is the largest city between Peoria, IL and St. Louis, MO, and between Springfield, IL and Kansas City, MO. Over the course of its long history as a German-Irish immigrant community,
it has become notably self-sufficient. Quincy is highly regarded as a regional health center. Residents enjoy award-winning athletics, a highly acclaimed Symphony Orchestra, strong public and private schools, a fine junior college and private university. An
annual spring dogwood festival highlights the community’s natural beauty and homes of architectural significance.The community’s economic base is supported by its strong retail, financial, manufacturing and health care sectors.
Current Mission and Goals:
Encourage the spiritual growth of each member
Reach out to new potential members, particularly young adults and young families
Continue building a vibrant, revitalized, loving and supportive Community of Faith.
Recent Self-evaluation Comments from Our Members:
- We have transformed from a reserved, formal atmosphere to a warm, genuine, caring church family where people immediately feel welcome and accepted.
- We love our worship experience, which blends contemporary and traditional music led by a gifted band and wonderful choir.
- Our new Stephen Ministry program is designed to lessen the burden on the Senior Minister and to encourage the congregation to care for those hurting in our church and broader community.
- We engage Scripture with humility, searching scripture for understanding and guidance.
- We have become a praying church.
- We are committed to all generations, teaching and demonstrating Jesus to youth, helping young families cultivate life centered on Jesus, and encouraging older adults to continue to grow in faith and serve others.
- In the past year our Youth Program has grown from four kids to forty-five kids.
- Our members have a practical, servant attitude and consistently volunteer to lead or help with church activities.
- We regularly demonstrate our commitment to Quincy and annually hold a Community Leader Recognition service where we pray for our community leaders.
- We have numerous opportunities to cultivate Christian community in small groups – men’s and women’s bible studies, prayer groups, dinner groups, young adult gatherings, youth and children’s programs, vacation bible school, even a softball team.
- We stand amazed and inspired by what the Holy Spirit has done in our midst in answer to our fervent prayers to revitalize our family of faith.