At First Presbyterian Church, we believe that God sends us to breathe new life into our communities, by forging intentional relationships with our neighbors, as we know, show, and share Jesus Christ, the hope of the world. We are seeking a Pastor who will
help us advance our vision with spiritual gifting expressed in the following areas:
- We believe that spiritual formation is critical to the health and growth of our church and that a small-group ministry is an important means to that end. Therefore, we seek a pastor with a passion for training and equipping leaders to create and grow such
- We believe that vibrant personal relationships are foundational to shepherding God’s flock. Therefore, we seek a pastor that will join us in forging intentional relationships with our neighbors and has a personal plan to grow those relationships with both
God and neighbor.
- We believe that the Bible is the sole, infallible rule of faith and a necessary resource for growth. Therefore, we seek a pastor who is committed to teaching the message of the Bible through exegetical and expository preaching and can relate the scriptures
to present-day life in an intergenerational context.
- We believe that Christ gives us an example of servant-leadership. Therefore, we seek a pastor that can join the Session in inspiring, supervising,coaching, and supporting ministries of the congregation.
Evangelism and Mission
- We believe the mission of the Church is established in the Great Commission. Therefore, we seek a pastor that will go forward with us in reaching lost people in our local community as well as unreached people groups around the world.